1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

I just got spanked by a jaguar

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by R1 Chickie, Aug 26, 2011.

1. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Is that acceptable or a reflection on my riding? :-(

JimG likes this.
  2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Depends what jag it was. I suspect it`ll be an "R" version of which that is nothing to be ashamed of. V quick cars & frighteningly quick in the hands of a good driver.

3. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Was it wet? If so we'll let you off ;)...if not coffee's on you at the next meet! :D

4. Phatboyslimming

Phatboyslimming Moped +

Reflection on riding me thinks !!!!!

But still trying to work out if it's acceptable !!!!! Lol

5. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Depends what jag and who's driving now if you said Arthur daily then
    Shame on youu!

Roadwart likes this.
  6. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

all depends did you know the road or did he know it better.

7. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

just as long as he didn't leave any scratch marks...or was it a her...?:)

8. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

In a drag, from a standstill? I'm taking your man(girl)-card!

9. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

From standstill up the m271 which I have never ridden before and then it turns into country lanes but this guy was so determined that you know when you start to get the feeling of the situation starting to turn dangerous that I just completely backed off and accepted my whipping graciously

10. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Well, given you didn't mount (ahem) any roadside furniture I guess it's okay you took the safe option. :thumbsup:

11. Phatboyslimming

Phatboyslimming Moped +

Fair play glad u accepted having your arse handed to you & are here to tell the tail :)

12. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:ner::lol2:spanked by a car a day or 2 after your posts saying whats the point :hah:
    maybe the jag driver reda them ;)

playing against a car driven well can be pretty hard and unlike another bike they take up alot of the road so once in front a good driver can make it a real challange to get passed. I know JimG will be faster in a car than he is on the bike and i too would still be alittle quicker on 4 wheels than i am on just 2. As long as you had fun trying then it's kind of ok to finish 2rd :ond:

Yoda likes this.
  13. Les

Les British Superbike +

Good decision I reckon. I'd like to have seen your face though (:(?)

14. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

Similar thing happened to me on the A2/M2 this guy was in a Scooby WRC i was on a Busa tailing him at 150 and he was so determined i should not pass he would have quite happily run me off the road, thats when you know it's time to back off.
    To this day i know i could've stuffed him, but i had to let him have it to stay safe and ride another day, so you did the right thing letting them have there moment of glory :respekt:

15. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

A fast car (in the right hands) is always gonna be quicker if your moving especially around the twisties...
    You should thrash any car of the mark up till 100+, ive beaten porche's and Astons (to the next lights) on my Harley.
    But your sensible to ''let it go'' as soon as it feels dangerous, the car driver is much less at risk in many ways in such an encounter. As long as you got a good buzz for a while.. job done..

16. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

It was from a standstill though, so you should have been well in front by the time the road got awkward :p

Don't worry though, we all know who'd win an air-time contest!
    :phead:

17. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

That's the thing, it was only the 2nd time from standstill I've been whipped and I didn't expect it from that car. The other time was on my zx6r against a suped up suburu. I don't think I'm gear shifting properly on this bike

18. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Are you using the clutch?

Then you're doing it wrong. Also, your shift light is set way too early. I'll fix that at the same time when I get hold of your oily bits (the gasket!) ;)

19. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Yep, I believe we established me using the clutch is the key to my downfall. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D

20. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Shift Light?????? Who's got time to look down for a shift light when the engine should be screaming like a banshee and the trees begining to blur.. :D Whatever next launch control....

lammyR6 and Yoda like this.