1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Monthly Meet, Wednesday 4th October?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Stars and Stripes, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Hi All
    Monthly meet time again, tomorrow! anyone else going? or will I be billy no mates??????

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

oh crap that came around quickly.
    it Will depend if I can get a few things done tonight. will know for sure tomorrow.

3. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

ive just come on to see if anyone had posted ...
    hoping to make it !

4. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Sorry not be there this time

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sue & I should be there this month. :thumbsup:

lisa lou likes this.
  6. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

We'll try to make it. Busy day tomorrow but we'll do our best.

7. Orbea

Orbea Off Roader +

If the weather's ok I'm hoping to make it for a quick drink. Probably get there around 8.00pm hoping that's not too late.

8. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

A bit far :D. But I'll raise my morning cup of coffee to you all :hcof:. May even treat myself to banana bread. They know how to make a mean flat white and tasty banana bread in Bondi

Carl Berg, Panel Man, Tony and 3 others like this.
  9. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Ooh, ooh..... Me too :) My monthly injection of those Tiger Prawns...

lammyR6 and lisa lou like this.
  10. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

Sorry, it's a no after all. John isn't feeling so good so we'll have to give it a miss. Have a good time, everyone.

11. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

I'm quite buggy, full of a cold so I won't be coming. Enjoy.

12. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

has anyone got any of the secb stickers spare that’s coming this evening ?

13. shrimpee

shrimpee Street Fighter

Hi
    Just to let you all know that Paul has been sent out on a delivery and has got caught up in traffic so he wont be home in time for us to make the meet. Hope you all enjoy the Tiger Prawns:)

14. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

should be there around 7 ish

15. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sorry we couldn't make it. Thanks to someone who insists on a delivery being on site at a specified time, only to have "just nipped off to the shop" when I arrive. I'm guessing that, by the time he arrived, that shop was in Bristol! :fume:

16. Panel Man

Very bad luck to all those snaffled by last minute work duties, sniffles, far-away travel [ahem, Lammy...] or lethargy. The rest of us came, ate and drank - not as plentifully as we might have wished, but. Hey ...you can't have everything.

The Tiger Prawns have clearly been on a breeding programme since I last visited, as their numbers had increased to five. They were big 'uns, too. I brought Fergy's hot sauce along and applied that fairly carefully. Result? Happy Panel Man!

The evening's chilli didn't have enough bite, so that was annointed too, and greatly improved thereby. For some reason, when Pete tried some on his chilli, he went very red in the face and made gagging noises while he reached for his pint. Shame. More proof that I am peculiar, perhaps.

Nikki and Gary seem to be on a bit of a health kick, as they chowed down on industrial sized piles of rabbit food (who's the peculiar one now, then?) and Lisa and Paul and Tom ate far more normally while Gary entertained us with the story of his new bike: finding it, the subsequent negotiation and then the gradual unearthing of rusted this and rotten that. But it sounds like a low-mileage, under-priced, wrong colour Kawasaki which is, it must be admitted, a Bit of a Find. Well done, that man! Lots of winter jobs there, then!

Pete brought his pet smoking machine, Alfie. Or was it Alfie who brought Pete? Anyway, they proceeded to have a vaping competition and fog descended soon after the pudding course. Possibly attracted by the smoke signals, Orbea rolled up (geddit?) and so those of us who were about to leave thought we really ought to stay a bit. It'd be rude just to disappear as soon as he arrived. Except that he wouldn't have noticed as you couldn't see anything in there! It would have been stony quiet, though...

For an event which most of us only realised on the actual day was due, it was well attended! Several regulars were sorely missed, though - next month? It'll soon be time to organise our annual [annoying word deleted] Dinner. I hereby volunteer in some capacity or other, if a Grown up would like to tell me what to do...

Eagle, Rosie and lammyR6 like this.
  17. Panel Man

There are two letters 'G' in the word which springs to mind... Really sorry we didn't see you two :-(

18. Panel Man

Poor you! Get weller soon...

19. Panel Man

Tell him to get better for next month, Emma. All this illness is so ...seasonal :-(

20. Panel Man

Nice to meet you Martin!