1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Electric Cars, I Am Bored, But A Good Read :)

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by MaDProFF, Nov 8, 2017.

1. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

BlackHornet likes this.
  2. MaDProFF

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

4. MaDProFF

5. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

@MaDProFF does it come with a big sunroof :btish:

6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

7. MaDProFF

hmm still not convinced on that one yet, and nor am I convinced I want to be sitting on an A Bomb either :)

"It might sound crazy, but there’s also more hydrogen in a litre of petrol than there is in a litre of pure liquid hydrogen". Clearly something being missed here if this is true.

One of the Biggest problem as well are the Laws on Hydrogen etc. The Cost of installing Hydrogen pumps at filling stations cost nr 1 Million pounds, something the Oil Companies feel they should not have to bear the cost off.

Another Energy Source that is a little behind, but looking very bright is Solid State Batteries. Now this looks promising, but 3 or 4 years away at present.

Anyhow if you are worried about range, you could get one of these batteries to put on your bike :)

Tesla has completed construction of the world's largest lithium ion battery in Australia.
    The completion puts the battery on track to meet a 100-day deadline for switching the battery packs on, according to the South Australian government.
    Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, believes the 100 megawatt (129MWh) battery - which will be up and running by December 1 - could be the first step to Australia becoming a renewable energy powerhouse.
    Will power 30k odd Homes

Sure that battery will take you to the sun and back :)

Toyota also makes a hydrogen fuel cell car, the Mirai, which can be bought in the UK. Nobody does, though, in part because it costs £66,000 and only a handful are brought over each year but mainly because there are fewer than a dozen filling stations in the whole country.

Other firms including Volkswagen, Hyundai and General Motors are also working on fuel cell vehicles.

8. MaDProFF

9. Orbea

Orbea Off Roader +

The best thing about our Nissan Leaf is the amazing acceleration it has from a standing start. There are no gears to go up through either so the acceleration is constant. Just turn off the Eco mode and you get pinned back in your seat. One of the things I love about motorbikes is their acceleration. So if they can reduce the weight of the batteries and engine down so it's still a nicely flickable ride, the acceleration of an electric motor could make a fantastic bike! (Just stop making them look like futuristic concept bikes!! grrr).

10. MaDProFF

11. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

@MaDProFF not in my wallet range they won’t lol