1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Anyone hired a motorhome in the South East and can recommend

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by R1 Chickie, Aug 30, 2011.

1. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

trying to find a 2 berth motorhome to rent for next years Secret Garden party festival, can only find places hiring up north.

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

the one at johns cross hires them out. it's only 1 minute from the 1066 cafe so you could pop in from a ride out one day.

3. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Hired one from there 2 yrs ago. no problems just f----ing expensive!

SteveeP likes this.
  4. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

5. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Thats crazy! This place I found in Yorkshire is 350-400 a week! Blimey

6. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I have been to maidstone Eye hosp today and coming back went past a Motorhome rental place - so its clearly visable from the route back to Rochester/strood if you not found anything

7. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

did you catch the name perchance?

8. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

No :-( but am hoping some one here that uses the route, may spot it ........

9. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

10. niki

niki Off Roader +

jesus how huch are they to hire.be cheaper to get a hotel or go abroad than to hire one of the mobile chicanes..

11. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I have 2 tents , if you get stuck ... lol

12. GixxerChick

GixxerChick 125 +

Yes i looked at hiring one for the BSB in October as was going to treat Doris and GG to a little comfort instead of camping but £400 for a weekend .....sorry ladies but NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO

13. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

14. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

The problem is that they insist on a weeks rental for high season which is when I need it for but I only need it for the 4 days :-( Rats

15. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

wouldn't it just be cheaper to rent a van and stick a bed in it ????

16. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

It's a 4 day festival so I want the creature comforts of shower and kitchenette

17. Les

Les British Superbike +

Ya big girl. Aren't festivals meant to be full of the starving & unwashed?

18. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

There is a Place in Canterbury on the A28 will have a look now for you the name

19. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

20. Hi Yoda (and everyone else - this is my first post here) - I left my bike at home in 2010 and I hired a 5 Berth motorhome from the same motorhome hire company too - they did an excellent job. They are quite cool about any sort of festival too and they are just as happy to do a weekend hire too. I spoke to Sheena on 0800 612 8719 who was very helpful. The only thing is, it's quite easy to get a bit spoilt, I haven't really fancied putting my tent up since then :giggle:
    Stacey