1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

An odd request.

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Skortchio, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

As some of you might know i'm currently looking for a car (yeah i know) but due to a slightly irritating f*ckwit deciding at the last moment he'd rather not sell his car, i'm still looking.

I've found one that might fit the bill, but it's a little bit of journey from me, away in Sittingbourne.
    What I'm looking for is a literate type of chap(esse) to go give it a nose for me. I can furnish you with a comprehensive checklist of things to look at / for, and a great amount of gratitude for doing so.
    You don't need any deep mechanical knowledge but knowing which bit is the front may help.

Failing that, I need to ride down there and look for myself. Oh and it needs to be before Tuesday lunchtime-ish.

Now, where's that pleading smiley... :hlp:

2. OldMan

OldMan Street Fighter

Hi Dave,

Busy over the weekend & Monday but I could do something Tuesday morning if that helps. Either go look at it myself or maybe come & pick you up first (bike or car weather dependant etc).

Regards,
    OldMan

3. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Cheers matey, I've sent the seller an email asking when he's available. Mostly dependant on that at the moment but I can do anytime.
    Will let you know once he gets back to me.

4. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

I'm about over the weekend mate... If you can view it this weekend give me a shout (07534417708)... can pick you up in the car or come on the bike, whatever's easier... :thumbsup: I wouldn't want to look at it for you, i'm a bit clueless with things like that :(

5. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Cheers Matt, soon as I hear from the seller (assuming I hear) I'll throw up details of when he's about and go from there.
    It's not really technical stuff needs checking anyway, with mini's it's more "wheels go round, floor hasn't got holes" :D

Thanks again guys

6. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

if it has a hole dose it make it mint :btish:

Yoda and JimG like this.
  7. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Right, just got a reply from sittingbourne seller. The generic eBay retort of "call me" what is it with people and insisting I use my phone bill up when email is free?
    Anyway, once i've "called him" i'll let you know what's happening.

8. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Right I'm off to see a mini, about lunchtime. As it happens there's a cracking looking one popped up on ebay but it's a bit of a trek.

9. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Good luck with your search :thumbsup:

10. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

Good luck mate... hope it works out this time :thumbsup:

11. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Did You Get it Mate - Have you Hered Any News From MCN as i have not Here and My Pernonal Email also has recieved Nothing

12. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

No word from MCN, but apparently last week they did a piece on a guy with stabilisers...

Might be Talan, who's trying to get in the mini-twins. But I've not seen it to know.