1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

I'm glad I've got a sidestand switch...

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Steve B, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

2. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Scary stuff.

3. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

i done that years ago :oops:

4. Roughie

Roughie Street Fighter +

i'm still cringing !!!!!!!!

5. Scotty80

Scotty80 Commuter 500 +

OMG:eek: bet he wont forget it again

6. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

I use mine deliberately as I often park in gear (kids sometimes sit on the bikes at the station and it helps avoid them rolling it off the side stand). If I stop the engine with the side stand I know it's working.

7. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

fooking hell, surely had he leant it over it should have pushed the stand back up thou

8. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

WOW - I dont have Side stand Swithc Any More Took it Off ...MMMMMMMMMMmmm may need a Re think

9. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

Nope, they don't... the stand is angled forward and the bike leans onto it, so unless you deck it very hard (I've done it and the result is a BIG wobble as the stand pushes the bike upright), it won't retract - the weight of the bike locks it in place and you just can't lean over any further. That's why Hondas from the 80s had a long rubber boot on the end of the stand - it went down at a very gentle lean angle and was flexible so that the stand DID flick back with just a mile wobble.

He was bloody lucky he was more interesting in wheelies than lean angle...

10. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Bet he needed a change of pants!