1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Bike Insurance?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Ducky, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I only pay £57 on my Bandit, my Beemer is more like £300..but that is with all the insurance extras which I'll probably remove come renewal time. :thumbsup:

2. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Guest

My renewal was £660 with 2 year NCB 27 years old on my STR, nearly died.....was 440 without all the extras on it. I can see why people don't bother saying anything about there mods but, knowing my luck i'd be the one they refuse to cover if anything did happen.

3. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

£235, inlusive of over £1k of mods. Course I'm paying more in car :(

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

£126 renewal on the hornet fully comp
    yet a quote of over £600 for a blade :eek:

5. Biscuit

Biscuit Commuter 500 +

just dont go to swinton nothing but trouble m8

6. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Mmm I just got my Bandit insured there too.......! :confused:

7. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

the best company Ive used so far both in terms of competitive pricing and speedy settling of claims is H&R insurance: www.insurance2000.co.uk

Next time I will go back to them

8. Biscuit

Biscuit Commuter 500 +

bad luck m8 had nothing but trouble charge you for this and that they even sent new quote out to me other week and when i rang to say didnt want to renew with them they try to charge me £50 quid for it they a bunch a w@nker m8

9. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

That's lib taking :mad:...I'll watch them come renewal time to see if they try that on!

10. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

If you tell them you don`t want to renew before the renewal date, how can they charge you anything? I have to say I`m with Swinton & although I`ve not had to make a claim, I`ve had no problems.

11. Biscuit

Biscuit Commuter 500 +

This is the :mad: i,v had with them, they just dont listen all they interested in is the money

12. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Funny enough I got a call from them today trying to sell me the PA/Legal cover (which I'd removed from the policy).....girl on the phone seemed surprised when I told her that and wasn't interested! :rolleyes:

13. niki

niki Off Roader +

My GSXR is £340 with all the bolt-on bells and thats with me having only two years no claims

14. Scotty80

Scotty80 Commuter 500 +

My blade is only £246.37 fully comp

15. Scotty80

Scotty80 Commuter 500 +

Thats how im with for the last 3 years and no probs at all

16. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Lol, a guy at work with a '10 plate Duc 848 was telling me his insurance has jumped £60 a month because he lives in London where the recent riots took place! :eek:

17. niki

niki Off Roader +

they probably scared they will throw it through some shop window lol

18. Biscuit

Biscuit Commuter 500 +

swinton quoted me £240 fully comp, so shopped around and got it down to £160 fully comp and added rac on, all came to £230 Bennets :thumbsup: