1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Helmets - Useful Info

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by hoppielimp, Sep 10, 2011.

1. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I know many people have different understandings on what damages your helmet, whether if you drop it, you need to replace it...can you custom paint it..etc..etc...

When do you need to replace your helmet.

I believe most of the top makes are probably similar in construction and protection, but this interview with Arai and Jay Leno dispels many myths.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/arai-helmets/283819/

Dunno if this is in the right place or whether it may be worth a sticky as I know this has been a heavily discussed topic with many riders.

R1 Chickie, ramrider, Tony and 3 others like this.
  2. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

Very interesting, that explained a lot of misconceptions regarding helmets. :10:

3. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I like Jay Leno, great little video that and he's got my lid! :D

4. Phatboyslimming

Phatboyslimming Moped +

:nthread: I now stand corrected :bow: :tnx:

5. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Very good video, thanks for posting it up Hoppie, Set my mind at rest actually because today I just ordered an Arai Quantum and was a bit worried it was too snug but Sam down at Heine Gericke Maidstone assured me it was the right size so I said yes with some hesitation. now I think she was right and I made the right choice. 20 years of riding and buying lids and I still struggle with the right size choice everytime I buy one!
    [​IMG]

6. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

brought one a new a couple of months ago did all the measurements and it fitted well, but now it has gone all lose on me

7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Your head shrunk mate ???

_Yappa_ likes this.