1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Sep 24, 2011] saturday 24th sep chalet cafe and boxhill (chalet cafe and boxhill)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by sexyminx, Sep 22, 2011.

1. sexyminx

sexyminx British Superbike +

Planning on going up to chalet cafe and boxhill either saturday or sunday,will post up which day later this afternoon anyone interested xx

Sporty1200 likes this.
  2. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Hey, most people are doing the Motorcycle Action Groups anti-EU legislation ride out on the Sunday otherwise I would! Unless we can combine it with starting at the Ripley start point and taking it from there :) Not sure how long the demo lasts.

3. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Weather looking good at moment :sun2: So im up for this, :thumbsup:.

4. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

The Mag ride from Clackets is then heading down to Boxhill.

5. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Clackets? Where is that? I cant find it on the MAG map. The only 2 I can find close-ish to Boxhill are the M3 Fleet Services and A3 Ripley services.

6. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Clackets is on the M25 after Junction 5. :thumbsup:

7. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

eh???? why would they go to Boxhill from there. Where do you find out the routes?

8. duke900m

duke900m Guest

I hope to join the anti EU run on Sunday and will be riding across from Herne bay not sure the best meet point for me yet.

9. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

It's direct to Boxhill on the M25 from Clackets (off at J9 to Leatherhead), albeit a tad boring.

10. Sporty1200

11. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

12. Sporty1200

If you plan to go Sunday to the Chalet Cafe it would mean we are fairly close to (within 10 miles ish) the M23 Pease Pottage services start point of the MAG demo... If not im fine with Saturday :thumbsup:

13. Sporty1200

Ther's a link i just posted on the related event thread (http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883) just says ride for 20 mins then disperse, so i guess the ride will be local (for 20 mins) to the start point and started by a MAG member, probably identified by wearing hi viz shorts n flip flops.. :D

14. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

Because the Mag run starts from B&Q Strood via the Oakdean to Clackets then on to Boxhill, the route is available from Mag.

15. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Ride for 20 minutes??? How strange. At least an hour would really create a sense of presence surely. Oh well, maybe can combine it with a normal ride out then :D

16. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

If anyone is still thinking of going to the Chalet and Boxhill, I am up for it on Saturday. Flying to Germany Sunday so can avoid the confusion and protests over the protest run! :cool:

17. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Are you licensed for that, Jim?! :vesp::coat:

JimG likes this.
  18. DAVE B

DAVE B British Superbike +

so here is the plan, saturday 24th meet at wessons 10.00 then head down 272 to cowfold for grub at chalet.then see how we all feel we can pop down to boxhill or head up to newlands corner or maby both :rubhands:havent been out for a while so would like to make a day of it:thumbsup:

JimG and Sporty1200 like this.
  19. Sporty1200

Good plan... :thumbsup:

20. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Gonna be at Brands on Sunday morning but if the MAG ride is going via Oakdene then will join it there and go on to Clackets. Will have another read and check timings etc.