1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Sep 25, 2011] Sunday 25th 11:30 Pease Pottage MAG Demo (Pease Pottage services)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Sporty1200, Sep 23, 2011.

1. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

didn't see any mention on the TV....:unsure:

2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Twas such a rebellious uprising government hushed it up... ;)

3. Sporty1200

Was a bit disapointing it wasn't mentioned on the news.... Personally i would have all converged on Westminster, but the chances of me finding it would be slim... :(

BlackHornet likes this.
  4. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Hahaha

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Guy at work today mentioned all the bikes they saw while out on Sunday. When I explained what it was all about he said "Fair enough but if there`s going to a demo, how about letting other road users know that it`s a demo & why its happening. Otherwise all it does is annoy other road users for seemingly no reason" Which I thought were fair & valid comments.

6. Sporty1200

Tiz a fair point i guess.... Did he suggest a practical way to notify other road users, letter, email.;) ?

....seriously, I guess more riders wearing the MAG - 'Hands of Biking'' T -Shirts, Banners from fly overs (although this increases overheads) etc would help but they sold out from what i heard.

I really wish the demo was far more provocative :tbomb: i.e descending on Parliament when the house is sitting on an important bill and full of MP's. Arriving en masse just before their going home time would be good. :sneaky: Such a demo would then be sure to make national tv and subsequently provide the public with an explanation, although many would probably still be pissed of at any inconvenience they may have suffered... :violin:

7. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

8. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

The Argus are anti-motorbike. You only have to read their reports on motorcycle accidents. If its a scooter there's no mention of that, but if its a 'high powered motorcycle' they give the make model engine size & colour too...

With regards to the protest, there wouldn't have a reporter present as they can't bear to leave their offices. And all most of the people who commented on the story are people that haven't got anything better to do and don't go out at the weekends anyway :confused: