1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

The small(er) bikes

Discussion in 'Beginners Bikes' started by Darkzy, Sep 25, 2011.

1. wijames

wijames Twist N Go +

any update as to when a smaller ride out could be arranged?

2. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Check out the Open Rideout on 13 nov I think emma and Paul are arranging it :MC:

3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

One is being arranged in THIS thread. Just need to sort a route out that`s not just boring main roads.

4. wijames

wijames Twist N Go +

just read that and replied, only to realise i am busy that day.. dammit

5. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I would do it, but I don't know what sort of mileage would be reasonable. Only a 20 min ride from Uckfield to Wessons ???

Emma - 125cc Marauder likes this.
  6. Roadwart

I`m going to arrange a better route tonight that will be better for the 125`s & above but also not too far for the 50cc bikes.

7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Good man:)

8. luke-rs125

luke-rs125 Twist N Go +

ok I know this is old , but when megawatt said " I can do slow " I laughed so much !!:giggle:

you must have changed matey :lol:

9. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

He has retired!!!!! :lol:

10. Emma - 125cc Marauder

Emma - 125cc Marauder Off Roader +

im in for another 125 rideout, the weathers getting good for it x

11. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

This might have been said before but if you chaps arrange a rideout for smaller bikes I will arrange one for the bigger bikes that will have the same start and finish locations but longer route. That way we can all mix at the beginning and end whilst also having a good ride to suit bikes/abilities.

GixxerGilly, jack_bm, _Yappa_ and 4 others like this.
  12. Roadwart

Good call Russell. It worked well the other week when we all went to the oasis. :thumbsup:

13. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

I'd be up for that, might know a few people who may be intrested in joining the smaller ride and the biger one

Roadwart likes this.
  14. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

What's a good distance for the smaller bikes to ride...bearing in mind people will also have the trip home.

15. Emma - 125cc Marauder

Emma - 125cc Marauder Off Roader +

should do an alrounder again like through rotherfield n mark cross, see how many people we confuse at the mayfield roundabout 2nd time round :)

16. Roadwart

Just as a comparison, when we did wessons to the oasis the other week, Hondamagna50 & I did just under 110 miles from home back to home again.

17. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Could do a ride from wessons to oasis cafe through rye and the smaller bikes could take the more direct route?

18. Roadwart

Thats the route the small bikes did take, through rye, down the camber road to lydd, then back via the canal road to northiam & onto hawkhurst, etchingham & heathfield. Don`t know what route the faster bikes took.

jack_bm likes this.
  19. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Probably the easiest start and finish locations to use for a shorter and longer ride out to the same place, as long as people are OK for the same route again.

Roadwart likes this.
  20. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Bump...can't complain there are no rides for smaller bikes if you won't help organise one!