1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Oct 1, 2011] Indian Summer ride and lake picnic on Saturday - Abbots Wood (Sussex)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by R1 Chickie, Sep 25, 2011.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

you could save packing lunch and just enjoy one of the local pubs :D the oak right outside the woods, the bull only a few miles away or the red lion in hooe all do great food :eat:

2. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

I like the idea of being by the lake, sounds lovely, and anyone can bring a portable BBQ.

3. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

I assume you mean Three Leg Cross which is between Ticehurst & Bewl Water. if so a very nice pub http://www.thebullinn.co.uk/ best avoided at Sunday lunchtime unless you have booked a table!! apart from the pub not a lot else. Or did you mean Three Legged Cross which is in Dorset which is the home of http://www.3xmotorcycles.com/

4. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Well considering we are in Sussex, would seem excessive to shlep all the way to Dorset for lunch :D Yes, I mean 3 legged cross near Ticehurst x

5. GixxerChick

GixxerChick 125 +

It sounds fab i wished i could come but little one has dance lessons on a Saturday :thumbsdown:

6. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

If you make it Sunday BH and I can make it... just not Saturday.

Go on... you know you want to!

7. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Am I being thick? dont answer that . But what is BH?

8. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

BH = Black Hornet

9. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

BH = Broken Hayabusa...

mousematt, deano81, Tony and 4 others like this.
  10. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

29 degrees people! Bring your bathers, we are going all the way down to Cuckmere haven for a swim!

11. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

12. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I shan't be swimming myself, but I can manage eating lunch (at a push). Assuming my flu has cleared off by then I'm up for this if anyone fancies a slightly 'longer' ride ;)

13. biker nicky

biker nicky Guest

Sounds a good day out wish i could come but i'm helping my daughter and her partner to move house
    maybe next time. Have a good day.

14. Roadwart

YAY! An excuse to get my mankini out! :rofl2:

lammyR6 and Russell like this.
  15. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

This invitation is open to all except those coming in mankinis and banana hammocks

16. Roadwart

You don`t know what you are missing Tanya ;)

17. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Any ideas what time you are planning to get to the pub? Swim in the sea sounds good too! Just gotta get a few bits done on bike in the morning.

18. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

swim in the sea....are you nuts ? :giggle:

19. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Ive done it before, its awesome! Trust me, you get really sweaty in your leathers, walk 0.5 miles along the Cuckmere River to Cuckmere Haven and go for the most amazing refreshing swim :)

20. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

The Sussex Ox is a really good pub:thumbsup: and the sea is at its warmest this time of year so it should be nice:)