1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Oct 4, 2011] Brands GP - 4th Oct with MSV (Brands Hatch)

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by TripleJimmy, Sep 26, 2011.

1. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Guest

Hi

If this weather holds out for a little longer I am thinging about doing this as a last hurrar TD for the year. This is very early doors for me yet as A) the Weather needs to be good B) Need to get the day off work.

It's £169 and the noise limit it 101Db on the GP unlike the Indy which is 105.

So anyone interested? :thumbsup:

2. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I would but I don't own a bike I'm prepared to use for track day and the hire bikes are way too much. Anyone fancy lending me their track bike for a fee!?!?!?

3. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Guest

You'd be suprised. A hire bike is not that expensive when you calculate everything up, ok if you used one everytime eventually it's not going to pay but for the 2 or 3 TD a year man it actually makes some sence just to hire a bike.

I used SmallBoy Trackbikes for my TD at Snetterton last month. The TD was £115 and the hire bike was £295 for the day. Now you might think thats alot £410 for 1 TD but, look at it this way.

£410 inluded:
    The TD which you would spend out on anyway
    The bike
    Fuel
    Tyres inc wets if needed
    Tyre Warmers
    Paddock stands
    Cups of tea and bikkies and you dont even have to put the warmers on yourself

AND if you did crash it would only cost a maximum of £400. So if it did crash and total the bike completely thats £810, not much really against my 8k road bike getting smashed up, and you can't walk away from that one.

4. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Guest

:oops: my bad this is actually on Tuesday the 4th opps. If a Mod can change that please do.

5. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

I was thinking about popping in to have a look see but as the date has amazingly changed :lol2: I will be in Sussex, hopefully having fun on a Rocket III while Gedges put a new rear and a new MOT on the Daytona.:MC:

6. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Done. :)

TripleJimmy likes this.
  7. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

That's far too much money in my opinion. I'm doing a track day with hire bike for £179 (advertised £179 in mcn and £199 on their website?!?!?!) so paying the figures that you're talking about is plain crazy.

8. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Guest

harsh are you saying i'm crazy? I know you can get deals like Focused Events Novice day at Mallory + bike for £199. I am just saying that if you factor in the cost of crashing your own bike they arn't really that bad. Doing it 10 times a year would be another matter and you might aswell just buy a track bike.

9. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Not you personally, just the prices they set.

I'm doing the mallory park track day bu it's advertised as £179 in mcn, I phoned them up and got the £20 difference given back to me :)

10. Kevin Taylor

I reckon you will be on your way home by 11am once they kick you out for blatantly obviously NOT being a novice, as in the title of the event.

11. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Nah, I wasn't the fastest in the novice group at brands the other week and I don't believe for one second that I'll be the quickest at mallory. Probably some where in the middle.

Anyway I have only done one full track day before and two 20 minute taster sessions so I still consider myself a novice.

12. Kevin Taylor

My trip to Brands on the 31st could be interesting then if it's dry, as I have done 3 at Lydden already this year and just getting into the groove, and I will have new rubber on the rear for this one just about scrubbed in in time. Should have cameras front & rear.

13. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Guest

:) well i have got the day off, so now just need to see what the weather is going to be like.

14. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Let me know what garage you're in and I'll ride down and say hello at some point :)

15. TripleJimmy

TripleJimmy Guest

bugger, sold out...oh well i'll take that as an omen.

16. Kevin Taylor

Get yourself sorted for the 31st instead.

17. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I'll be there on the 31st. All booked up now!

18. Kevin Taylor

Great!! all we need now is a dry day.:thumbsup: