1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Realtime updates

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Davetona, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Whilst out in the van today heading towards Rye o the A259 from the Marsh, I rounded the last right hander by the turning for Camber and was looking way up towards Rye hoping to make an overtake past a couple of slow old Biddies when I spotted lots of yellow flouro jackets outside the school before the bridge.
    I didn't do the overtake and as I got nearer saw a bloke in dark clothing standing by the side of the road and so obviously speaking into a microphone on his lapel. Sure enough there was a cctv van, a cop with a hand held speed radar and several police vehicles and officers about the place.
    I assume they were having a blitz on speeding, phone use, seat belts, tax and insurance, etc. etc.

If I had a smart phone I would have posted up on the forum to warn others but as I don't it got me thinking as to whether are there any admins. or members with instant forum access willing to accept texts or phone calls during reasonable hours to make a post?

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I can usually get on the Forum pretty quick, but I'm not a Mod ??? I did offer?

3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Not being a mod won`t stop you posting up if people do contact you Alan. ;)

Sporty1200 likes this.
  4. megawatt

OK Paul, I'm on the net most of the time so if I get a message, I'll post it!!!

5. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Nice one Alan, but don't you work shifts?

6. megawatt

I do, but I am always available on my phone or on the net, except when I,m on nights, so not available from 0830,till 1600 for 7 days out of 35!!!

7. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

What do admins think of the idea to have a forum specifically for these posts, perhaps in the section 'around the southeast', entitled 'Camera Alert' or something similar. If it has it's own forum it would enable a quick check before leaving home for a ride.

8. megawatt

Good idea.

9. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

10. megawatt

Must organise some more Tornados for our next big rideout!!!

11. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

12. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

There is a sticky thread in the riding section called "Road Alert" which is where people were posting stuff like diesel spills & gravel patches etc but that hasn`t been used for over a month now.

A heads up that there are speed checks around is always welcome so posting a thread warning fellow members to be careful is no problem. What I don`t want to happen is that we are perceived as being anti-police, which by having a specific forum, newcomers may get the wrong end of the stick. It also risks alienating at least 2 members here who work closely with the police as it could put them in an awkward position.

13. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Fair do's. I'm not anti police, just anti speed camera.:mad: