1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Oct 22, 2011] Kent Rideout Saturday 22nd Oct (happy to combine with... (Maidstone)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Finchy, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Here's a suggestion for a Kent route which should cover most people's areas (and make the route easy for members to jump in / out of). It's a loop, so pick it up and drop it wherever you like. I've ridden most of these roads and can say that 90% of them are bang-on (and not overly 'Policed' like some roads in our area)...

'Start'
    @ Charing take A252 Northeast dir Canterbury (great sweeping bends & good surface)
    @ Shalmsford Street turn right dir Street End (small lanes - poor surface)
    @ Street End head dir South on B2068 (very long straight road with good visibility & reasonable surface. Nice bends at the end)
    @ Stanford cross M20. Take A20 dir Ashford (nothing great - lots of traffic)
    @ Newingreen B2067 dir Tenterden (nice mixed road - nice little straights, good twisties, reasonable surface, reasonable visibility)
    @ Tenterden A28 dir Hastings (nothing great - lots of traffic)
    @ Rolvenden B2086 dir Hartley (nice mixed road - nice little straights, good twisties, reasonable surface, reasonable visibility)
    @ Hartley B2085 dir Iden Green / Goudhurst
    @ Iden Green A262 (lots of traffic)
    @ Goudhurst B2079 dir Maidstone (nice mixed road - nice little straights, good twisties, reasonable surface, reasonable visibility)
    @ Milebush A229 dir Maidstone (nothing great - lots of traffic)
    @ Boughton Monchelsea B2163 dir Leeds Castle (borders residential area)
    @ Leeds Castle A20 dir Charing (nice open, fast road with good visibility & surface)
    'End'

I'd guess at about 70 / 80 miles. Quite a few petrol stations en route. Plenty of pubs etc. Not too many orchards - so agri traffic should be minimal, although there can sometimes be a few slower-moving cars / horseboxes (although easy to pass in most places). If you get the chance, Google Earth some of the route (as suggested by Megawatt!).

If anyone wants to join me for the whole trip, I'll be starting off at Maidstone / Lenham Services. Either day is good as I don't want to clash with other rideouts posted on here.

There's a Google Map later in this thread...

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Should be ok to do this mate. Any chance of a Googlemap of the whole route?

3. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

RITE im in as ive not made a ride for ages. I think there is another ride this weekend to Essex but its a bit shite getting there:thumbsdown: so glad this thread has been started:hdbang:

4. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I'll try. Never used Google Map though. Stand-by (!).

5. Finchy

Finchy Guest

BTW, any preference on which day? Bit too far off for an accurate weather forecast, but high-pressure seems to be holding.

6. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Would be interested but would need to be the Saturday as I would be doing the Sunday blat to Essex.

7. Finchy

Finchy Guest

8. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Saturday's good with me.

9. megawatt

Will have to get a Saturday day pass. Usually go out Sunday:)

10. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

looks good... how many laps... :D

11. Finchy

Finchy Guest

As many as you like! Fancy coming along?

12. megawatt

You'd be very welcome Matt:)

13. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

Would love to... not been on the bike for about 3 weeks... spend most of my weekends fighting with the ex wife atm... :bhead: could do with getting out :MC:

14. Finchy

Finchy Guest

It'll be good for the soul... and by the sound of it, your ear drums too.

I'd reckon on a coupla hours, so if we met up at say 10:30 / 11ish, we'd be wrapped up and done just after lunch. Then you have the afternoon free to go get shouted at (although after you've been out on your bike, you'll be more able to glaze-over and block her out!).

mousematt likes this.
  15. megawatt

Finchy , you're a genius:eek:

Finchy likes this.
  16. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

i have a christening to attend sunday as ive been deisgnated the Godfather oops meant a godparent ;) . so saturday works if i can get out... i have a new can to fit to the bike courtesy of moto27 :rubhands: (cheers fella) so hoping to get that done and give it an airing

17. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Nice one Dean! It'll be good to see (and hear) you again. Mmmm new exhaust...

18. moto27

moto27 Guest

I could be up for that! Where abouts you meeting in Lenham??:thumbsup:

Finchy likes this.
  19. Finchy

Finchy Guest

So, it's looking like: Me, Megawatt, Blade RR6, Russell, Mousematt, Deano81... anyone else?

Right guys - where's the preferred place to meet up? How about the Maidstone / Lenham services on the M20? Those that are coming from the South can bomb up the M20 from Hythe / Ashford... and those from the North can come down from Maidstone / Medway Towns without trampling on the planned route too much. It'll give us a chance to fuel-up before we head out.

Your thoughts?

20. Finchy

Finchy Guest

...oops, sorry - PLUS Moto27. Looks like it'll be a good ride out. See above re suggested meet point.