1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

The Alot.

Discussion in 'Funny page' started by Hanna, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

2. Finchy

Finchy Guest

You clearly have too much time on your hands. However, let's not forget the whole 'YOUR / YOU'RE' issue either. It's my particular hate 'cos its wel bad n dat.

3. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

I have deployed copy-editing skills professionally on several occasions (drummed into me by my mother at an early age) in an effort to earn a crust. There are two downsides. The first I just have to get over: it's the deplorable quality of prose given to me as needing 'just a lite proof-read' (sic) whereas an entire re-write is actually necessary. The second is the deplorable credit-worthiness of the miserable gits masquerading as publishers who ask me to work for them, run up debts amounting to several books' worth of fees, promising my fee for book 1 will be paid by the advance on book 2 and so on, and then fail to answer their phones, respond to emails and generally blank my every enquiry.

But I am left bearing the burden of an editorial eye which prefers to pick out syntaxical ineptitude and grammatical gaffs instead of the real meaning of the written communication. If anyone else shares this mental burden, they will truly understand the frustration of the creator of this character. Hanna does, obviously! :hug:

4. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Ooh you dunnarf sound posh! :giggle:

5. Panel Man

Perhaps, but it's what's underneath that counts ;)

kitten_art likes this.
  6. Finchy

Finchy Guest

KA - don't be fooled. In real-life he's got a really strong Cockney accent, keeps pigeons, looks like Uncle Albert & smokes roll-ups (oh and he swears like a f*cking trooper).

7. Panel Man

Oi! Leev 'orf, Guv'nor.

Finchy likes this.
  8. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Perfect!
    I can bump off the pigeons for pigeon pie; stick him with his roll-ups in the fireplace and pretend that I have a fire (What with being broke n all). However, I might just remove his voicebox........but I am sure he would forgive me because I would flutter my eyelashes at him every so often, bung (sorry.....place) a bag over his head and lead him to bed. Sorted!
    This is all theoretical by the by. I am sure he is way too old for me :hah:

9. Finchy

Finchy Guest

He's a virile man, in his early 20s I believe (Richard - you can pay me later).

10. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

lost interest all of a sudden :whistle: :lol2:

11. Finchy

Finchy Guest

KA - were you at the xmas dinner?

12. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Unfortunately, was unable to attend..............translates to no :cry:

13. Panel Man

Sadly, she wasn't :thumbsdown::cry:. We are hoping to get together in the New Year ;)

Finchy likes this.
  14. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Shame. Maybe we'll meet some other time eh. I posted pics on the 'dinner' thread - there are some of most people (incl Panel Man & me). In the meantime, I've posted a nice new profile pic. Mmmm.

Hanna likes this.
  15. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

We are?......................I mean........yes, we are.
    You bringing the paper bag, or shall I? ;)

16. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I think we've officially hijacked Hanna's thread. Soz.

17. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Of course we will........I have another paper bag :giggle:

18. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Ooh sorry, Hanna.

:worthy:

19. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

I liked that alot :thumbsup: .

but how big is an alot ? can you get them as pets ?

20. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I think the, Alot is a close relative of the, Should Of.........only with longer fur