1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

BATTERY - Using an Oxford - Oximizer 900.

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Sporty1200, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

If the Optimate is falsely reading full but then got it's act together then it sounds as though there's a bad cell in your battery. Has it ever discharged totally?
    Might have been a glitch, hopefully.

2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Pretty sure not, ill just have to see how it goes. Im keeping it connected to the oximiser now., See if it starts in a week or two without ant kerfufle.. As you say, hopefully its a glitch ot to do with me disconnecting it when it displayed ''maintain''.

Thanks for all the sugestions n help peeps.. :thumbsup: :TY:

3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

r u using an Oximiser or an Optimate ?

I have an Optimate 4...it does a Battery Diagnostic to tell you if your battery is fooked or not...if you want you can borrow it some time...

4. Sporty1200

:thumbsup: Thanks Gareth, i think its ok, the problem was me disconnecting it when it displayed ''maintain''. I thought it was done charging when it appears it wasn't.
    Got my car on charge now as its turning over a bit slower and this cold snap can kill off a weak battery.
    [​IMG]
    Oxford Oximiser 900 Motorcycle Battery Optimiser and Charger OF570

£24 online

5. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

It's fine to turn it off when it shows maintain, fella.

Maintain means the battery is fully charged and the Optimate is monitoring it's current, should it drop then it will revert to charging.

6. Sporty1200

Your right, :thumbsup: but that's what i did origionaly. Like you said, hope its a glitch, or quite possibly operator error cant be ruled out pending intelligence and mechanical aptitude tests. All seems ok for now :D

7. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Kevin, BRB (British Replacement Batteries)in Hailsaham will test any battery for free.

Sporty1200 likes this.
  8. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

That is where I always go.....definitely recommend them!

Sporty1200 likes this.