1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Weird cans

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by megawatt, Feb 3, 2012.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Dunno yet, not welded up. That Akra sounds a bargain.

2. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I'd be looking at a spare chain if I were you :whistle:

megawatt likes this.
  3. Les

Les British Superbike +

Just ordered a Remus (titanium slip on with removable baffle) instead at £475. Having asked loadsa questions of Remus & Akra...as the end can is under the motor with such a short link pipe from the single pot, there's little to be gained by a full system which needs a longer length in order to 'tune' it to the motor. There's a fair bit of weight saving which I don't expect to notice, as there'll be no cat, 3 or 4 hp increase but best for me is the increase in decibels as it's so damn quiet just now I can't tell the engine note at all.

4. megawatt

More pix of the 3" diameter by 13" long can with a 35mm perforated tube baffle and two rings of Accoustafil packing in. Video to follow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. megawatt

And a video. double click on piccy
    [​IMG]

6. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Baffled sounds loads better. :thumbsup:

7. megawatt

Thanks Dave. Gotta get it welded and polished. Fit it next week and sort the fuelling out before Belgium.

8. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Ahh fueling problems, I know that pain. I profiled a carb needle at the weekend by eye, worked pretty well actually... At least I think it did! :rofl:

9. megawatt

What you like with Keihin cv carbs Dave?

10. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Haha, never tried. I only had a bash on the SU as I knew it was running lean from positions 3-12 and had a couple of needle profile diagrams.