1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Wire wheelbuilding/trueing

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Les, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Les

Les British Superbike +

Met a nice guy called Maurice Thomas the other day at Motoliner (the frame/cast wheel straightening people) nr Maidstone. Although he helps out at Motoliner, being about 70, he also works out of his shed/workshop at 5 St George's Square, Maidstone. 01622 202536. He's got a milling machine, lathe etc & seems to know how to use them but his speciality is wheel building. Charged us £55 for a partial respoke/rebuild of an offroad wheel recently. He has extensive knowledge of older 2 strokes & maintains a nice '70s Spondon Yamaha 250 sprint bike for his son. He was quite happy for me to give his private no out.

2. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Did you go to school with him? :whistle:

3. Les

Les British Superbike +

F**k off & polish your helmet.;)

4. Finchy

Finchy Guest

5. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Sprint bike eh? Think I might have a ride up to see him for a chat! Might need some maching as well!!!:)

6. Finchy

Finchy Guest

BTW Les - did you finalise anything about this trip to Snowdon?

7. Les

Les British Superbike +

No, thought I'd wait a few days to see if anyone else was interested. Will post more on that thread now.

8. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Ok. Can you send me the link to the original post? I can't find it.

Did you mention that there's another trip there in May? Who's organising that one?

9. Les

Les British Superbike +

Amancalledrob started the thread in the main forum called Snowdon & I hope to do that one as well.