1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Praise - Those traders and mechanics that make you feel good about the world

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by R1 Chickie, Jul 28, 2011.

1. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

As you all know I bent the crap out of my wheels so hunting around I was directed to motoforum.net, a site filled with people who tend to race, where in turn, lots of people recommended Steve Jordan motorcycles for chassis, wheel and fork straightening. I called them and explained what Id done and they were so nice, they said just go straight to the people they use for straightening services: www.motoliner.com where I can get them straightened and at half the price quoted to me by Wheelpower. For one shop to send you straight to their supplier and save you the mark up is a result! I will let you know how I get on with motoliner

2. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Is that Motoliner in Catford?

3. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

No, these guys are Maidstone, Kent way

4. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

That's interesting :sneaky: they can straighten discs too.....wonder if I still have my bent wavyes in the garage! :unsure:

5. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

wavey's are meant to look like that fella. :ner:

Roadwart likes this.
  6. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Can recommend Steve Jordan for suspension set up.

7. Les

Les British Superbike +

Being so local to Motoliners at Aylesford, we've used them to straighten fork legs & check frame & yokes. Once just to shift a swingarm bolt that NOTHING would move. Father & son business who are fairly cheap, friendly & down to earth (not up themselves like some 'experts'). As Tanya says, they're kept busy by racers & I believe have a good reputation among them. We took the forks off to save money but reckon they'll take a complete bike if they've time.

Most discs are cast aren't they? Prob have to be skimmed if there's enough left & I don't know if Motoliners have such machines.

I've used Perry at HM Racing in Edenbridge for suspension set up. Cost is £100 if no parts are needed. They also support race teams & have latest Dyno & seem to know how to use it.

8. reeseyboy

reeseyboy Sport Tourer +

HM Racing certainly know how to use the Dyno! Have had suspension done by them on my old Blade. Perry explained what did what and what I could expect; very impressed.

9. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

DHR - Dover - Dave Hammond - awsome Guy mate his set ups are Sweet has a Dyno there and a Dealer for Power comanders - Will give you all great Discounts if you mention thsi site and Me
    :)

10. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Laguna's I know a few people have had issues, but would like to say that when I picked up the Daytona today the mechanic that actually worked on it brought it round to the front of the shop and showed and explained exactly what the problem was and what he had done to give some temporary relief. I even have the old sensor connector which they replaced with one from an old loom they had in the workshop. I only paid for the labour, and we all know that some places would have charged for the second hand connector.

11. chelskitel

chelskitel Learner

Good news Kev.
    Was it the connector then?

12. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Connector had been gradually destroyed by the bent fairing bracket and was shorting out. The fact that it happened immediately after the oil change I did was in fact totally coincidental. Strange but true.

13. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Motoliner rocks! Definitely recommend them. www.motoliner.com. Miracle workers extraordinaire!

14. Les

Les British Superbike +

So if you're back on 2 wheels now are you still doing the bends thing with the Spinal Doc?

15. megawatt

TAGG Racing at Bethersden, just off A28. Two great guys. Have fitted many tyres for me, balancing for free sometimes, good suspension set up and servicing if you need it. Think they have a dyno and do tuning too.

GixxerChick likes this.
  16. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Who needs a garage?

I nominate megawatt, who told me what was wrong with my bike despite him not knowing me from Adam...

17. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

lol yer he did the same the first time i met him. moaned about my chain so now i hide it from him :hah:

18. megawatt

You can run , but you can't hide Tom!
    Thanks ro06k5

19. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Lol he loves checking chains and then giving an ear bashing !!!

20. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

I dare him to find anything wrong with my chain :poke: