1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Tips for changing pads

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by jack_bm, Oct 28, 2012.

1. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

We had to take the resevour cap off and remove a bit of brake fluid because it was to full... trying to push them pistons in with it on was a bit of a challenege, in the end we got a clamp on it but still had to take the cap of it off because of the presure was pushing the piston back out once we let go of it.. all good to learn though!

deano81 likes this.
  2. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

my wife just uses the one with wings on them, quite easy to change apparently

BlackHornet and deano81 like this.
  3. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

4. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Pretty happy with how the back brake came out,

From this
    [​IMG]

To this
    [​IMG]

Got as much of the dirt n grit off as i could.. i cleaned all the parts under the pistons that are still caked once i push the pistons back in :)

5. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Don't forget about the amount of oil in the reservoir?

jack_bm likes this.
  6. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Forgot to check that actually will make sure i do that when i go out next will probably have to remove some, didnt have the problems with pushing the pistons in like the front both went in without problem

7. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Good news got the little allen key part thing out of the swing arm no problems.. only took a minute or 2 :)

8. megawatt

TFFT:) What with ?

jack_bm likes this.
  9. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

you know were you adjust the wheel alignment, well i took the bolts off (with the wheel still tight n everything so it wouldnt change anything) on the side that it was in and that then made the back cover of the swing arm come off, then all i done was get a screw driver which had a magnet on the end and dragged it out.

10. megawatt

Good man:)