1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Datatool veto evo alarm removal

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Garya, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

does anyone know how to remove these things without the blackhornet method?
    i have one on my trackbike and want it off
    Gary

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

There was a guy near you or T Wells that did alarms. No idea of name though. Google it?

3. Finchy

Finchy Guest

As far as I'm aware, the only real issue is disconnecting it from the starter soleniod... which is pretty easy. If you look online and find the installation instructions on PDf, removal is simply the reverse. As long as the fob still works, it shouldn't pose a problem.

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

whats wrong with my way? First you set the alarm into safe mode, allowing it to be completely played around with, battery removed etc without it being effected. then carefull trace the wires for the immobiliser parts, often fuel pump, kill switch etc ( up to 3 fixings per alarm and all should be slightly different ) once these are found attach with chain saw / shot gun :p

yamster and Garya like this.
  5. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Gary - I have an original installation instruction booklet for Datatool System 3. It doesn't tell you how to remove the Hmm Hmm thing though. You are welcome to borrow it; I'd recommend you search online for a 'How to...' guide.

6. Panel Man

But you have to leave it black!

7. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

well have traced all wires and unplugged all unpluggable loom
    just got the fuse holder and the 2 wires soldered into yellow and green wire from my bikes loom
    just waiting for my mate to bring the chainsaw.
    yes i am leaving it black for now, got to get tank resprayed as it has had fuel strip the lacquer

8. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

this alarm is the veto evo which has more wires than my bikes wiring loom

9. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Did what you suggested but no idea how it helps Gary :unsure:

googleit.png

Panel Man likes this.
  10. Finchy

Finchy Guest

How very 'Tunbridge Wells' - their M&S is the first to introduce an organic BBQ meat section.

Panel Man and JimG like this.
  11. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

the alarm has been spliced in so well that it has taken over the loom on the right hand side

12. Panel Man

They were the only supermarket not offering Organic meat - Jeepers, I'm told even Tesco do this! What I'm annoyed about is that they have all stopped selling organic fish: Outrageous! Actually, there's much better quality and value to be had at Fullers in Hawkenbury. He lists the farm from whih his week's meat has come. I recommend them thoroughly! Say Richard sent you!

13. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Er Richard - read Jim's post prior to mine...

14. Panel Man

Yes... Clearly you've spotted something I haven't. This incident featured in yesterday's Construction Enquirer (essential online reading for those of us hoping to sell product into the construction industry) and represented a delicious opportunity for the miserable holier-than-thou gits in the HSE to moralise and wax lyrical about naughty people who don't wrap everything in hi-Vis tape having submitted a Method Statement in triplicate before stepping on site. Humph...

I'll examine Jim's post when I get to my computer so I can actually read the article!

15. Dhan Rollioni

Dhan Rollioni Commuter 500 +

Ive bypassed alarms on previous bike that were driving me nuts and flattening my battery too much. I downloaded diagrams off the net and worked out which wires did what. I left the alarm installed, removed the power fuse feeding the alarm, removed the internal battery, reconnected the immobiliser wires and starter wires. Done.

lost likes this.