1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

New Workshop

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by megawatt, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Emma - 125cc Marauder

Emma - 125cc Marauder Off Roader +

where do i start, there are 5 simple adjustments which im happy to do (headlight adjustment, back brake cable has play and a few split pins were missing but then theres:
    1.sprocket carrierr worn - ive ordered a bearing for that
    2. shock absorber seal is busted- not sure whether to save money?time and spend 50 on a second hand set
    3. brake pedal pivots worn- spoke to alan about this ages ago but not sure on how to fix a brocken pivot
    4. excessive play in gear lever- it needed a new one so ordered that
    5. buckle in the rear rim, which was brand new last year but that was only an advisory so thats fine
    6.Stand pivots gone, again an advisory and theres nothing wrong with the string that holds it up anyway :)
    7. tank neck and seal in poor ondition - an advisory which is fine cause i can't find one on ebay
    8. Play n roughness in rear wheel bearing- last advisory
    He said if i can fix all them then he'll let me off the fact that i have no baffles in my exhaust :) which i think was a subtle warning :) He did say for whats its worth to probs buy another bike but my MOT runs out on the 10th and i refuse to give up on beastie i need her for work :violin: lol

2. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

1. Carrier is possibly the cush drive (rubber triangle shapes) as opposed to the wheel bearing
    2. It'll probably be cheaper to buy another shock than have one refurbed, yes.
    3. That sounds like the bushing that's worn, replacement may be possible. 2nd hand pedal might be cheaper once confirmed as the problem.
    4. Gear lever play - depends on where the play is, might just need tightening. Otherwise they work on the same bushing as the brake lever, if one is gone stands to reason the other will be close as well.
    5. Hammer :p
    6. Stand should be held in place by a spring when up, just replace the spring.

8. Wheel bearings are an easy swap and about £10 a set.

3. Emma - 125cc Marauder

I have repleced both springs on the side stand its definatly not them, i replaced the back brake lever afew months ago and it had alittle plays so its not that, how would i replace the bushing?
    5. rubber mallet, hammers do more harm then good :ner:
    1.? do i just need the rubber for the cush drive\?

4. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

You won't get a buckle out the rim with a rubber mallet :p
    If there's springs on the stand, why has it got string on it?

The bushing is normally a sort of nylon tube the fits tightly into the hole that provides the pivot point for the pedals, first thing would be to check that's what is loose.
    If it's lateral movement then a slim washer might be the solution, fit between the mounting and the pedal.

5. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

You need to get rid of that string ASAP and replace with cable ties...the rest can be fixed with duct tape :)

6. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Emma where did you take it for an MOT? maybe you should take it to Everest Motor Bike just up the road from you and get a quote, pretty reasonable.

hoppielimp likes this.
  7. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

LOVE IT!! :10:

8. Emma - 125cc Marauder

No thanks its pricey i can't afford it i had it done at blackboys station as the blokes really nice and lets a girl with battery eyelids off alot more things :)

9. Emma - 125cc Marauder

As for the string its part of the bike now, i wont use cable ties cause you have to cut em off everytime you want to put the stand down, i found heavy duty rubber band to be good til they wear out :)