1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Went to buy a flasher relay and might have come back with something a bit different...

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by jack_bm, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

yeah its £3495 but i wouldnt have to do anything to it, its got a yoshi pipe, steering damper, levers, double bubble screen, nice sticker set, tail tidy, LED indicators, really clean looking bike

Thats the bike
    [​IMG]
    I know theres a lot of other gsxr's around, i;ve seen a newer one for the same price but i'd still rather go for this one just because of the bike is stunning, really like it so think i'd be prepared to pay maybe

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:D
    just tell them we said they would do it for free :D 150 members has quite a bit of say :thumbsup:

The price of any bike is want ever someone is willing to pay :) if you like it and can afford it then go for it. :D

Roadwart likes this.
  3. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

haha if only it was that easy! hopfully the roads are clear and i can get down there and get my bike evaluated and get a decent price. I'm getting it on a credit card and its around the price i was looking for anyway and theres no move on the price he said, other people have tried to move the price even just a couple of hundred lower and he's turned them down, dunno how true that is but they're pretty honest down there and i like them.. just find out this lunch i'll post how much they offer for the ninja hoping around 2000 as a minimum

4. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

Think my sons insurer is just motorcycles or something simlar, a Carole Nash subsidiary. I think you should really push the dealer to include the restriction in the deal, it seems very reasonable to ask that! Or even go 50-50 if he's that solid on the price. Thing is, you have really fallen for the bike, we can tell and I suspect so can the dealer. You've lost your bargaining power, you mad fool. :)
    (we're currently trying very hard not to let the sellers or estate agents know how much we like a house, so I know the feelng!)

jack_bm and Les like this.
  5. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Yeah i'll say to him i'll go 50/50 i didnt think of that!
    i know what your going through with your house then! cos im going through it with the bike! i think im doing alright, he asked if i wanted to put a couple hundred deposit down and if i dont want it i can then have all of it back but that would have shown i was really intrested and probably mean he would have offered less for my bike.. 12:30 seems to take forever when you got stuff to do...

6. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

well i got offered £2000 for my bike (pretty happy about that considering its an 08 250) gunna go down tonight and put a deposit on cos he also needs to test ride mine as we didnt have time for that, he said he cant do much on the ristrctor because he doesnt have any move with the bike, think he is selling on behalf of someone and he is advertising it..

7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Your choice mate, but you don't need to buy from him and dealers are supposedly struggling. They will tell you anything. Sometimes if you walk away, they will eventually phone you back. Have you checked what your bikes, Kawa and Gixxer, are going for on eBay, Bike Trader etc?

8. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Yeah theres 2 on ebay going for £2000 and while i was away this weekend my mums partner went to geadges and asked how much they'd buy my bike for without them seeing it the book price was 1500 so i think im not losing out on that price on the bike,
    Know what your saying about not going dealer though.. didnt want to go to one again but the bike looks great

9. megawatt

Just be patient mate. Play hardball and see what happens?

10. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

11. megawatt

At the end of the day it's your choice and your money mate!

12. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Yeah gunna have a think n that :)

13. LATE

LATE Street Fighter +

The Bike is nice:thumbsup:, but thats top top book price, I be wanting to see, low milage, full main dealer service history with that

Plus I'd want, the original end can and levers, to prove the upgrades were for the right reason

jack_bm likes this.
  14. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

megawatt and jack_bm like this.
  15. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

didnt think to ask to see the old stuff, i did ask if he had all the original parts and he said he thinks the person does.. i'll get him to 100% find out later.

haha now that does confuse things! the price isnt to far off though and with having the ohlins steering damper, hugger makes me think i'd have to spend the money toget a few extras so it sorta pays for itself if you get me? might see what sort of offers he would take though never looked on piston heads before.

16. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

What can i say... i loved it and i got it. the book price for my ninja was £1500 and i got £2000 for it and i took the exhaust off so i can make at least £100 on that, also got £100 off of the restrictor and labour, also he put on a free air filter because it looked dirty when he fitted the parts, pick her up next week (maybe... bloody snow :mad: ) and i'll chuck some pics up! thanks for all the advice as well really appreciate it :)

paganuspaul, Roadwart, Finchy and 2 others like this.
  17. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Great news! Take it easy to start with..!

Oh alright - rag the bastard... You know you want to. Seriously, though - it's very easy to reach license-imperilling velocity with ease and they aren't the subtlest of bikes! You will be noticed :thumbsup:

jack_bm and kitten_art like this.
  18. megawatt

Nice one Jack. I expect to get first look at it as soon as the weather gets better!

19. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

That looked like a very promising bike! but glad you are happy with your decision :D

20. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Yeah as soon as the weather clears up i'll be on it! the waiting game begins...