1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Went to buy a flasher relay and might have come back with something a bit different...

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by jack_bm, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Also got an absalout killer deal on insurance, i was expecting to pay £1200 which is only £200 more than the ninja.. not to bad i thought.. but my mums boyfriend done some searching around i ended up finding it for £1150 and he came up with £850! bargin, cheaper than the 250 i had :confused: and i get 3 months free so thats 15 months insurance, legal protection, helmet and leathers and insured to ride other motorbikes as long as the owner has it insured, really happy with that considering im only just 19 and only 1 years NC

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

sounds like MCE insurance to me :D

Glad you went for it :thumbsup: and didn't do to badly on the deal. £500 up on your bike makes up for alot the the ton off the restrictor makes that easier to swallow :cash:

deano81 likes this.
  3. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

There was no way you weren't going to get that bike! Congrats, and enjoy. (We just got the house I mentioned, too, but holding out a bit got us a better price, I think).

jack_bm, kitten_art and _Yappa_ like this.
  4. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Yeah really happy with the price i got on mine, also getting some money off the restrictor fitting n that was a massive help.

Congrats on getting the house as well, bet your well happy! couldnt imagine buying a house haha maybe in a few years ill get a flat haha or another bike ;) im sure mum can put up with me a couple more years... :whistle:

and i was suppost to be away this weekend and what i was doing got cancled due to not being able to get what we needed from bristol and my mum and her booy friend (sneaky as f*ck) planned to get it delivered on the saturday whilest i was away so when i came back it was there, bless 'em but what a day to get a bike delivered.. shes so nice though gunna get some pictures soon! probably when the weather gets better.. she might get cold if i take the cover off ;)

kitten_art likes this.
  5. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

Yeah, you definitely need to make sure you've got a bike you love, and well sorted with all the gear you need, before you move out! :)

6. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Yeah, ive got a AVG helmet n full set of two peice richa leathers, black n white though so dont match the bike hmmm. (mind wonders into spending more money on leathers haha ) nah im gunna stick with what i've got, gear is one thing i will happily spend money on, but my stuff is perfectly fine :)

7. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

A
    Are you thinking about a site name-change? Strikes me you could continue the insect theme with say, "Wasp" or similar. New bike: new name? Also be prepared for the character change which will overcome you as soon as you start to bond with your new machine: are you lary now? Well look out for what this bike is going to do to you. Read "Christine" by Steven King to find out what a machine can do to a person!

jack_bm likes this.
  8. Les

Les British Superbike +

Sounds like the right result for you all round:thumbsup:. I went to collect a takeaway & after reading the 'used ads' while waiting, saw a kids Honda 80cc scrambler thing so bought it on way home. Kids=:thumbsup:. Missus=:rolleyes:.

hoppielimp, jack_bm, _Yappa_ and 2 others like this.
  9. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

Well done Jack pleased you got the bike.....:thumbsup:

jack_bm likes this.
  10. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Finally took it for a decent ride yesterday! i took her for a little one on thursday? i think.. and that was eventful.. from show room to being outside all through the period we had snow it drained the battery and they didnt charge the battery.. i dont have a battery charge either so there i was me and a friend running it along the road till we found a nice hill and we bump started it... didnt realise how hard it is to push a big bike to like 10mph :thumbsdown: but got it going and took it just around to town and along the seafront.. only a 20min ride as i'm ill and didnt want to make things much worse.. now first ride.. :poop: the bed i love it.. scares me a bit, not gunna lie there as its a completely different riding position from what my little ninja had so bit like learning from scratch again but yesterday was a much better ride, once the tires are warn in, the roads are in better condition (no gravel in the middle of the road etc,) i can see this is going to be a great summer.. absaloutly love it, even with it restricted i still find it pulls really well, but then again im used to a 250 so anything will be better but wow absolutely love her!

quick pic!

[​IMG]

11. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Nice one, you will have to bring her on a ride out to show it off

Roadwart and jack_bm like this.
  12. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Nice one Jack. If I were you, I'd get a big cover and alarm/ground anchor for it. Once the tea leaves glance that yellow bike on your parking bay, it will be gone. Cover the decking with 1/2" stainless mesh while you're at it. Don't want you slipping off!!!:eek:

Finchy likes this.
  13. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Yeah i do have it covered up, need to get a new one, heard you can get really thick ones so gunna get one of them, i've also got a ground anchor and a chain ( i use the chain atm ) but waiting to put the ground anchor in, we're gunna be builing a retaining wall and making a sort of drive without the dropped kerb ( to expensive and it'll just be for bikes as my mums boy friend wants to get a bike as well) so will install the ground anchor once we start work on that. i've thought about putting mesh on before but the thought of wet metal has always concerned me as possibly being even more slippery?

14. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

If you look at Public Parks and the like, they always use tacked-down chicken wire on the bridges - and in the current climate of 'HSE rools', the public liability for laying something which might possibly be slippery makes one's eyes water. So - Mega's suggestion is a good one. Oh, and try to get a substantial but old-looking cover. Not a branny-new, top of the range bright thing which just shouts, "I've got a really great bike under here"!

_Yappa_ and jack_bm like this.
  15. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I have stainless mesh on the decking in front of the house. Bloody death trap without it!

16. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

Good looking bike Jack....see you out for a ride soon. :thumbsup:

17. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Very nice.......soooooo, are you now going to be called the flying canary? :giggle:

_Yappa_ and jack_bm like this.
  18. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Congrats on the bike Jack - looks great. Like Alan, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but PLEASE get your security sorted. It doesn't matter what anchors / chains / alarms you've got if you don't get around to fitting them. I know a guy who left his SMT990 outside his house for an hour... and it got pinched. To make it worse, now his insurers won't pay out due to a clause regarding theft in proximity to home. Just get it sorted eh... none of us want to see you lose your new baby!

Roadwart and kitten_art like this.
  19. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Kinell man, you can be sensible! :eek::eek::eek:

megawatt likes this.
  20. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Thanks guys, got the disk lock and a chain lock around it atm anyway and its covered but the cover is tatty as hell.. rips, and its pretty thin, i'll defo look into the mesh then, would hate to drop her

kitten_art likes this.