1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Helmet-cams.

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Barker, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Barker

Barker Learner

Want one! ---- But which one? Drift? Dogcam sport? Something else? Want to be able to have it on my helmet to use (and be powered by) on any bike.... Any thoughts peeps? :)

2. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Sporty uses (or used) a Contour helmet cam. I'm considering a Go-Pro HD, but the helmet mount for those is pretty bulky.

3. Barker

Barker Learner

Yeah. You're right about the Go-Pro. ---- Contour? New one on me. I'll see what I can find out. --- Cheers for that, Matey. :)

GixxerGilly likes this.
  4. Finchy

Finchy Guest

No problem (and welcome to the forum BTW). :thumbsup:

GixxerGilly and Barker like this.
  5. Barker

Barker Learner

Googled 'Contour'. Blimey! There's loads of the buggers!!! Anyone know of a shop (Oh come on. You remember those!) in the south east? You know..... I'd like a bit of 'hands on'. Don't feel like spending up to £500 (But more likely £250) on something I've not seen. Never mind held.... :think1: Call me old fashioned!!!

6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:rolleyes: i have a funny feeling slack might have a hero 3 for sale, around £320.00 ish i think
    i've no idea what it is. as i spend less than £20.00 a time on my cameras :D

Barker likes this.
  7. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Just get one from Amazon and if you don't like it, send it back. I don't know if there are any shops in the area who may stock them as I really (REALLY) hate shopping these days.

8. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

The contour roam is what I use and I like it..Easy to turn on and off even with gloves, good quality and doesn't wind drag on the helmet much.

Got loads of footage on my napa121 youtube channel if you want to look at some:-

9. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Go Pro are the best image, best mounting options, the most expensive, and the ugliest.

There is a place that will discount if you push or price match for go pro and other makes in Hove, called Board Riders on the main A259.

10. Barker

Barker Learner

Excellent. I'll give 'em a bell later. Cheers for that.

11. Barker

Barker Learner

Bonza! Looks good enough to me. The 'ROAM' was my fave........ Looks like I'll be heading off to Boardriders in Hove one day.... Thanks Matey. :)

12. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i have to say Napa my favorite video of yours in the one titled Blackhornet_secb And can't think why :D
    I hated the Bury hill one though, mostly because it's a ride out i missed :thumbsdown:

13. NAPA121

I don't see why as i couldn't keep up with you to do any real filming on that run....:oops::oops:

14. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Go pro hd is the best in my experience. I paid about £250 for mine about 3 years ago so it should be a lot cheaper now. Plus I never record in hd and the picture quality is still pukka

15. Barker

Barker Learner

Interesting....... The Go pro is bulkier than the Contour as far as I know. Otherwise either would do. There must be a shop in Kent somewhere. I need a 'hands on' experience !!!

Thanks for your words. All of you. :)

16. NAPA121

17. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Barker just you tube both systems, there are loads of info on line to look at,

18. Barker

Barker Learner

Okey-diddly-dokely !!! :D

19. Barker

Barker Learner

20. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

I was going to get a Go-Pro for hubby for his bdray last week. But since found out the legislation states if police pull you up & you have a camera running they can confiscate to use as supporting evidence for their charge. Also, if in a group and they pull up person B for whatever reason, they can confiscate person L's camera to see if there will be footage to support their claim & also to charge bikers retrospectavely. So not game enough now!