1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Helmet-cams.

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Barker, Feb 22, 2013.

1. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

I had a really good experience with them personally and i have read that a lot of people have also, the savings are massive as well.. and yeah i looked at the invoice and it was marked as a £30.00 camera and ticked as a gift.

2. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

How have you got your camera mounted on there? is it a suction cup?

_Yappa_ likes this.
  3. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

I was wondering the same thing, but wasn't game enough to ask!!! :red:

jack_bm likes this.
  4. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

If you like i can meet you somewhere like Rye and you can have a look at the GoPro?

5. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

Can you come to me in Australia too please??

I suppose a photo of the set up will suffice :(

jack_bm likes this.
  6. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I use ram mounts and attach it to me frame slider.

IMG_1219.jpg

Barker likes this.
  7. Barker

Barker Learner

Thanks for that Matey. But at the mo I think the Contour will be the way to go for me as I want it to be helmet mounted. (Smaller, no?) --- Whatever. Any excuse for a bimble over to Rye. Happy to have noted that all that rain we just had will have washed all the salt off the roads. Pity that they've now used the 'S' (snow) word again. So I guess the gritters will be out soon.... JOY !!! :laugh:

jack_bm likes this.
  8. RetryRider

RetryRider Commuter 500 +

Would it be this one you used by any chance:
    http://www.ram-mount.co.uk/ubolt-and-utv-strap-base-with-1-ball-p-1265-c-238_286.html

Big fan of the RAM mount stuff.

So much so I've just ordered a part from the US so I can mount the GPS above the instruments on my Tiger using the existing RAM bits I've got and was also going to see if it could be used for the Drift HD as well, you're idea looks way better though if if only the bike had sliders.

9. hoppielimp

10. RetryRider

11. hoppielimp

yes you should be able to, provided that the Drift has the corresponding thread of the Ball Mount. You need the double socket arm aswell, that will allow you to connect the camera ball mount to the mount on the bike which i use.

Screen shot 2013-03-10 at 00.04.13.png

The double socket arm is great as it allows you to rotate / tilt in nearly any direction.

12. RetryRider

Cool, already got the arm (and spare) as I use it for the GPS. I've mucked around with the Drift mounted to a Joby GorillaPod so fairly certain it's got the right thread.

The may not be the cheapest but RAM do a good set of mounts with (almost) limitless possibilities.

13. Barker

Barker Learner

Morning all. --- An up-date.... I've just ordered a helmet-cam. A Roadhawk Ride Digital Rider Protection Camera. As featured in RIDE magazine. (May 2013 copy) Seems it ticks all the boxes. Can be used in the car too. Battery or hard wired.
    £149-95. Check it out on - www.roadhawk.co.uk - Good video on there too.
    I'll let you know how it goes. :thumbsup:

P.S. Gotta text and an eMail to say it'll be here tomorrow. TOMORROW??? I only placed the order this morning!!! WTF!!! :eek:

_Yappa_ likes this.
  14. Barker

Barker Learner

Well... It arrived...... Some pieces missing from inside the box. (Spare O-rings and Rear Audio Cap) I just eMailed the suppliers.... We wait some more. :nah:

15. TunnerUK

TunnerUK Guest

This is true to an extent. They can only interrogate your footage if it yeilds evidence regarding to the matter they pulled you over for. For instance, if they stop you for having a small number plate or a loud pipe then they have no legal right to study your footage to see if you were speeding etc (I think that makes sense)

kitten_art and jack_bm like this.
  16. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Barker, I would be wary of cameras using velco to attach it, most are lost, unless you have some form of safety attachment like another pad connected via string etc.

Barker likes this.
  17. Barker

Barker Learner

This one comes with all sorts of brackets and clamps, but you're right. -- Nothing wrong with belts-and-braces!!! :thumbsup:

kitten_art likes this.
  18. Barker

Barker Learner

What a nightmare. :mad: A dozen eMails and four phone calls and (at F***ING last) they've said that they'll send the missing parts. Un-be-fu**ing-lievable. Should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait. How long did that take? A WEEK ??? Amazing. :npoint:

19. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Glad to hear you got your nightmare sorted! will have to show a video of what its come out like :) i got a good little video on my gopro the other day... i ended up rolling a land rover and getting it on video haha

_Yappa_, kitten_art and Barker like this.
  20. Barker

Barker Learner

Well the missing bits arrived. But if those O-rings are the right size, I'll eat my chocolate dog. :fume: FFS!

And folk think I'm being all old fashioned when I say that I'd like to SEE and HOLD the f***ing thing BEFORE I buy.
    Geeeeezus. I mean I'm all for this buying-on-the-web shit but surely..... Is this the best we can do ? Hmmmmm?