1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Helmet-cams.

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Barker, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Norfolk Ged

Norfolk Ged Twist N Go

Yep time/divide the film speed by the amount of white lines passing in a min and you have the speed and you both kindly show your reg plates as well at the end "how kind?" did you see the one on you tube doing 130mph then driving home showing his road name and house number on the film then posting it ? got a year off the road me thinks

_Yappa_ likes this.
  2. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Just want to say for the new gopro hero 3 you can get an app that connects to the wifi of the gopro and to let you control all of the gopro, but there is also the option to delete last recorded or wipe the whole card if you do get caught out and have to hand it over, they'd never know..

3. Les

Les British Superbike +

[ but there is also the option to delete last recorded or wipe the whole card if you do get caught out and have to hand it over, they'd never know..[/quote]
    Mmm...me likey.:thumbsup:

jack_bm likes this.
  4. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Mmm...me likey.:thumbsup:[/quote]

Formatting the card does not wipe it, it is quite scary how much can be recovered from formatted cards HD's etc. even after many full formats

_Yappa_ likes this.
  5. Les

Les British Superbike +

Ooh err...there again, I'd never use one.

6. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

No true, but it could enough to say "It wasn`t recording", they look at it & see nothing & thats the end of it.

jack_bm likes this.
  7. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

No true? not sure what you mean by this? no true what I said, about recovering data off formatted cards, or you mean no it is true that you can recover files off formatted cards?

Can the police seize a card for further inspection? though most are not clever enough to know even deleted / formatted cards still have data on them?

8. Roadwart

I meant "no, its true that the data isn`t deleted when a card is formatted." Its only the partition table that gets rewritten. Its possible to make it difficult to get data off by completely overwriting the whole card multiple times with random 1`s & 0`s but the only surefire way to make sure data isn`t recoverable is to not put it there in the first place. :D

Yes, they CAN seize you memory card under Section 19 of PACE. They have even covered themselves by adding in the definition of "Premises" to include "Any vehicle, vessel, aircraft or hovercraft"

However, just because they can, doesn`t mean they will. I would suspect that most will see a seemingly empty card & leave it at that.

9. Amancalledrob

Amancalledrob Street Fighter +

Yep, they have to weigh up the cost of a prosecution against benefit to the taxpayer. Having a crack team of cyber-bobbies recover your deleted data would be both time-consuming and expensive, and not something they're likely to attempt if it's only going to result in three points and £60... probably a different story if life or limb are at stake though

10. Roadwart

Not only that but the initial seizure must be in relation to the crime currently being investigated so they pull you for speeding, see camera, card shows as empty so they then have no grounds for seizure.

_Yappa_ and Amancalledrob like this.