1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Colour matched paint?

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Shakey R6, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Shakey R6

Shakey R6 Learner

Hi guys and gals.
    Wondered if anybody knows where I could get some paint that will be factory same or color matched I have bought a rear seat cowl for my R6 and it needs to be painted.
    I have seen a couple of company's stateside but they seem reluctant to ship outside of the US due to the aerosols (don't know why they would be? lol)
    So am looking for a UK company that is able to supply me and obviously need the paint to match my bike :cheers:
    Thanks
    Si.

2. TunnerUK

TunnerUK Guest

There's a paint supplier on the same ind est as me that might help, Kent paint + panels.
    Certainly worth a phone call!

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Davetona where are you ????

4. LATE

LATE Street Fighter +

5. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

We've never done bike paints, only car paint. Bike paint has too many tints in each colour and takes too long to match, especially for an aerosol worth £14.50. Sorry.

6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

arse lol oh well i say paint the whole thing black anyway :thumbsup:

Roadwart likes this.
  7. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I've bought paint from these guys before. They make the rattle cans while you wait, so you'll need your paint code etc. Mainly water-based (if I remember correctly) and they have a good range of 2K lacquers and the bits you need. They don't mail stuff out, so you'll need to pop over to see them. They have a few branches, but this is the one I've used;

BSB, Units 13-15. Victory Park Trident Close Medway City Estate, Frindsbury, Kent ME2 4ER. Tel: 01634 720322