1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

The things you have to do for a wine!!!

Discussion in 'Funny page' started by _Yappa_, Aug 19, 2013.

1. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

2. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Why are they not served in their uniform?

3. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

Not sure, but I know I wasn't supposed to serve police in uniform when I worked in an off licence - only because a policeman told me - so I assume there's some sort of law. Incidentally, the policeman I served wanted some cigarettes for the bloke he was just taking into custody, said it was going to make the interview so much easier for him if the bloke had some fags!

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:lol2: i love the fact he decided to make a stand :thumbsup: not sure about his choice of clothing but i would have clapped

5. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I think it's got something to do with safeguarding the public so that on duty services don't have any temptation to be 'impaired' on the job.

Not sure whether it is law or just intimated from government or even just store policy do-gooders...?

I would have just bought it for him n given it to him outside...

Roadwart, BlackHornet and MaDProFF like this.
  6. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

Even me here and back in the UK, anyone who works in health care and wears a uniform is only supposed to wear it at work. You are not supposed to wear it to and from work or detours home. People do, it is tolerated. But it doesn't give a good look to be in copper or nurse outfit buying a bottle of gin!! Can see both sides.

A common sense person keeps a jumper in their car to put on when shift finished.....

7. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

yes, I agree. he was just being a bit of a knob, really.