1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Cleaning My Chain

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by snail1552, Mar 10, 2014.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Some petrol stations sell it Paul.

2. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

The last I bought was from the local hardware shop but that was a few years ago. Think it's shut down now

3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Easy way out of chain cleaning, get either a belt or shaft drive. Simples :)

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Bit difficult to backfit Paul ?

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Winter project Al ;)

megawatt likes this.
  6. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

I got a can A while ago from Homebase and it was called Parasene for some reason.

7. Comus

Comus Learner

I have have also heard that WD40 and the like attack the rubber on the o rings allowing the sealed in grease to escape... effectively turning your expensive o ring chain into a cheap all steel chain..therefore it stands to reason if you have a cheaper chain it will be fine to clean it with WD40..that is why i have never put WD40 near any of my chains because I steer clear of cheap chains ;)