1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

For Them That Like To Fettle

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Carnage, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

http://www.blackmambagloves.co.uk/

bought a box of 100 of these and ....well im astounded ....ive tried all kinds of surgical and latex gloves but find they are either too flimsy or melt at the first sight of petrol or oil, but these bad boys do exactly what they say on the box, these are a nitrile glove with what they refer to as tactile grip ...i found that even when handling oily parts these gloves even improved grip over bare hands, they have little if no reduced feeling when handling small parts if you have the right size glove ( mine were large and fit comfortably snug without cutting off circulation) sweaty hands was drastically reduced compared to latex gloves and getting them on and off was far easier than latex gloves.
    Have been doing a lot of carb work lately with many adjustments requiring test runs under load then back again to make further adjustments, the gloves stood up to being removed and re-used time and time again, i was not shy in exposing them to oil, petrol, cooling fluids and some sharp edges abuse ....they didnt fail to impress. so if you do like to keep hands clean and free from gorund in dirt ...give em a shot..
    £18 for a box of 100 ...thats 36p per pair .....how much does it cost for 50 dollops of industrial hand cleaner that doesnt really get the ground in stuff off?

Panel Man and lammyR6 like this.
  2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

:giggle: sorry…immature mind…:giggle:

Sounds like a good buy…I use medical gloves, but they rip too easily.

3. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

i knew someone would make me wish id chosen my words more carefully :hah: i think they offer a freebie pr so worth a trial

4. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

I've never used gloves for anything. Which is stupid, I know. There are honourable exceptions (welding and last night's casserole spring to mind) but I do think I ought to do so. You may have changed my habits of a lifetime.

Now if I just had a bike to fettle... ;)

And, Leila? You're the wrong gender to be fettling. Unless you were going to use the gloves next time Tom makes you adjust his bike.:D

_Yappa_ and lammyR6 like this.
  5. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Hee hee! I do in enjoy fettling despite the sometimes rather limited knowledge whilst doing it :giggle:. However, those gloves do look good. I use the surgical ones and they definitely do not last at all. Plus I only have to look at a bike to get grease on me. I seem to be a magnet for it!

6. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Good write up for those gloves, and seeing as I spend more time tinkering than riding I've got a box on order. Won't have to explain now why so many pairs of the nitrile gloves we sell at work disappear 'for yard use'

Gave up on the latex ones - always rip, and they don't like brake fluid.

7. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

Arrived today and they are, indeed, black and gloves! Haven't got anything to use them for at the moment, not until I start "tarting" up my Raptor.

I tried one on though and you must have very dainty little hands Pete. I bought large and the fingers only come up to my second knuckle :mad:. Extra large for me then (I'm not called "Big Boy" for nothing ;)).

If anyone would like a new box of large then for £16.90 they're yours saving you the postage.

8. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

try stretching one Jim .....amazing strength ...did you use the guide when you purchased them for hand size?

9. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

I did and did, but I'm not sure I would like to constrict my blood supply for very long.
    Always a difficult one this, you need them to be Goldilocks size.

I'll give it another go but if not I'll try the next size up and report back.

10. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

I used them in earnest yesterday and, despite the fact they are too small, they lived up to and exceeded expectations.
    They are very strong and let nothing through whilst remaining very tactile, allowing fiddly bits to be done.

Recommended. Will get some extra large though.

Good find Pete :thumbsup:

_Yappa_, BlackHornet and Carnage like this.
  11. lammyR6

I will have to invest in some by the sounds of it. Having nearly run out of old ones and managing to get covered in a lot of grease yesterday even wearing those - I reckon the blackmambas would be a good investment. (Plus I like the name :hgiggle: - ahhh, I am such a child) :D

_Yappa_ likes this.
  12. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

remember lammy they are black mambas ...not black mandingos

13. lammyR6

:confused: ("What?") :eek: (the penny drops) :giggle::p:D

14. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I've been using these ones :thumbsup:

Not had any problems with fuel/brake cleaner etc, and under a tenner!

lammyR6 likes this.