1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Think Me Battery Is Gone...

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by rbl10, May 1, 2014.

1. rbl10

rbl10 125 +

Got home on tuesday night after work and wanted to start the Gixer, turned over a couple of times then the dreaded flat battery drone sound with no starter active.

Boosted the bike, started right away then charged battery overnight on optimizer. After charging optimizer shows strong but as soon as i hit the starter it drops back to 11v and again no start.

Happy to pick up a new battery tomorrow but just want to make sure it is the battery before i spend.

Any thoughts?

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

boost it from a car battery for a while sometimes they need a higher ampage kick to get them working again ( trick I learnt from Jim G )

rbl10 likes this.
  3. DAVE B

DAVE B British Superbike +

You got a alarm mate? Same thing happened to lisa's bike we even got a new battery still didn't work turned out it was the alarm blocking power to the starter.

rbl10 likes this.
  4. rbl10

rbl10 125 +

Thanks Dave but is doing the classic turn over once or twice then into that droaning clicking sound it makes when battery flat.

5. LATE

LATE Street Fighter +

What Gixer? I've got a virtually new battery for a 600

6. rbl10

rbl10 125 +

Gixer 1000 mate, but not too worry, will pick one up tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure peeps agreed that it was most likely battery.