1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Stainless Steel Welding

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Wazza, May 15, 2014.

1. Wazza

Wazza ZX14R +

Can anyone on here weld stainless steel? (and has the equipment to do so)
    My exhaust rattles and I've finally diagnosed the problem! The centre divider in the exhaust chamber (the 4 into 1 box that sits under the engine) has broken free from two of its welds, causing it to rapidly knock and vibrate against the outer chamber. This is very loud and most embarrassing while riding! I've thought about mauling it to create a gap large enough so there is no contact, but it's proving more difficult than anticipated, so a couple of welds would do the trick perfectly.
    Thanks!

2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Megawatt can stainless steel weld....what can't he do...lol... He welded some pot lids to pot handles for me. They are still stuck together after 1.5years, so can't complain :)

megawatt likes this.
  3. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

yep alan/mega could prob do it, but atm hes off sailing somewhere so not sure when he's back, im guessing he'll see the post sometime soon

4. Wazza

Wazza ZX14R +

Thanks for your replies :) crisis averted, my manager at work welded it to the hills and back today haha it definitely wont rattle now!

BlackHornet and Roadwart like this.
  5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

would have been better to have it welded to the bike but as long as you are happy :lol2:

Wazza, hoppielimp and Roadwart like this.
  6. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I,m home on Monday may 26th if anybody needs any work doing?

7. Les

Les British Superbike +

Got a couple of missing roof tiles & a pedal bike to service?
    `

deano81 and BlackHornet like this.
  8. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

100 quid an hour for you Les. Missed you, old git. Xxx