1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Wheel Bearings

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Lightweight, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

I have no objection to bikes being rebuilt in the bedroom but I draw the line at being expected to carry it back down again. Many years ago we had a bike that lived indoors. We had to lean across it to open the 'fridge and if it was going out we used the top of our coffee table as a ramp out of the back door. And I once found a Honda with my name on it under the Christmas tree.
    Nowadays we're boring and keep the bikes locked up in a shed. Parts on the kitchen table are still normal for us.:)

lammyR6 and Panel Man like this.
  2. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

I must admit that my girlfriend at the time objected to getting a metal splinter in her foot when she had to get up during the night.

But once the engine was back in the frame & some other parts were attached, a few friends helped me to carry it down several flights of stairs (I lived in a first floor maisonette at the time) to the garage that was in a block of garages, where the rest of the bike was assembled.
    But even now, when i've got a big garage with power, there're bike bits in places you wouldn't expect to see them around the house :shrug:

lost and Panel Man like this.