1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

This Forum

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ninjabob, Apr 6, 2015.

1. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

I visit lots of Bike Forums to get a general view on motorcycling and I have to say this software and the way it has been set up is without exception the best I have used/visited. It has every feature you would need and scales beautifully on a smartphone and tablet.

Well Done to whoever administrates this forum - others could learn a lot from this setup.

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Thanks Bob. Nice to get some positive feedback. :thumbsup:

When I was looking for software I looked around at what everyone was using & most were (& still are) using either VBulletijn or MyBB, mainly because they are free to install & use. I came across this via a friend of mine who had been beta testing it on his own forum & liked the "feel" of it. Plus I had someone I could call on should I need help in the setup. Its not cheap, but it has excellent support & development.

NAPA121 likes this.
  3. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Yes well done Roadwart as it is an easy forum to use..

Out of interest, who much is the software (is it yearly subscription?) and how is this paid (Members? you etc)?

Does buying the SECB clothing etc help contribute to the running costs of the site?

What is the current condition of our finances?

I use it quite a lot and am happy to contribute so thought i would ask someone in the know....

4. Roadwart

The initial outlay was paid by me personally. The premium membership pays for the yearly support cost which is for any software updates & 12 months of technical support. It also pays the monthly server fees, SECB bike stickers (Of which I have a few black ones left & some more on order in various colours), the premium members email (optional) addresses, Care packages & cards when members are incapacitated etc. It also paid for the food & portaloo the year before last at our summer BBQ.

The clothing is all charged at cost & therefore has no impact on the site.

deano81 likes this.
  5. NAPA121

Premium Membership?

never heard of it...

Will use the search tool as it is a good site...Well done...:tup:

6. Roadwart

Hover over you name on the top right & a menu will drop down. Select the account upgrades option.

NAPA121 likes this.
  7. NAPA121

Cool...Will check it out :tup:

8. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

Same here. I enjoy this site a lot so I'll look into this.

9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

If you can't find it just give me a £500 and I will get you upgraded :cash:
    If enough of you do that I will be able to buy a new bike :D

Great feedback :thumbsup: We like to hear the good stuff :D and the not so good so we can try and make it better :thumbsup: We listen and then Roady does the hard work (:

Roadwart and NAPA121 like this.