1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Fitting After Market Exhaust

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by JimBo, Apr 24, 2015.

1. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

This may seem a stupid question, but they all are until you know the answer.

I have purchased a secondhand Beowulf exhaust for my Cagiva Raptor and have discovered there is simply no room for a gasket between the link pipe and the header. There isn't one between the link pipe and exhaust either.

The fit on both is very snug, and both have a very good circular clamp that closes uniformly around the pipes on tightening. Are they designed to be used without gaskets, or will I have to use much, much thinner gaskets than the ones I have now, "FireGum" or even "bandage"?

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Try it without and see if it leaks. My linkpipes don't need gaskets.

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Mega is right try it, once it has been run for a while it will coke up and seal any really small gaps.

megawatt likes this.
  4. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

PTFE Tape will do the trick, very cheap fix

5. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

I'll try it without then. If not I'll try PTFE.
    Got to take it for MOT so hope it's legal at least!

Thanks for your input.

Tony and BlackHornet like this.
  6. fzr-paul

fzr-paul Race Rep +

7. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

Aha.... the legendary "Universal Repair Kit" :thumbsup: