1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Android Route App?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Steve B, May 23, 2015.

1. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

Are there any good apps for route planning that are useful for a techno pleb like me. Planning a ride to ramsgate on Monday and want some twisties on the way.

2. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

Only a few apps for Android do way points - Co Pilot is one and I believe you can use Tyre with Co Pilot

BlackHornet likes this.
  3. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

Cheers mate! I'll have a look.

4. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Just use Google maps

5. MrGreen

MrGreen Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Second that. Google maps works good for me on any planned routes

6. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Problem I have with the upgraded Google maps is you can now no longer save a route nor will using the url upload it to Tyre. Also, apparently, as of the 29th April you are no longer able to revert to the classic Google Map where you could save planned routes. Explains why I couldn't get it to work in Tyre a few weeks ago. Now I have to plan any routes in Tyre that I want to upload to TomTom, not half as easy as it was in Google.

7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

New Googlemaps is absolutely crap to use and routeplan with. Been using it for 10 years and now looking for a better map system.

8. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

TYRE has been updated to take into account of the new google URL structure. Just run TYRE & tell it to search for updates from the help menu & it will download a new compatible version. :thumbsup:

lammyR6 likes this.
  9. Tony29

Tony29 125 +

I have copilot. It cost 20 something quid but provides exactly the same software and functionality as Tom Tom. Also maps are saved to phone or memory card so you don't need Internet to work. On Google play search "motorcycle routes" theres a few things that come up.

Roadwart, BlackHornet and lammyR6 like this.
  10. J'05'H

J'05'H Sport Tourer +

Also, use http://www.bestbikingroads.com for some really good routes. If you download the app for android you could use your phone's GPS to locate routes around your location.
    If you use a Tom Tom or Garmin, you can download the route from the website and open it in a route planning software like TYRE, basecamp or Mapsource.