1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Is Aftermarket Headers Worth It???

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Dindanio1, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Dindanio1

Dindanio1 Learner

Just a quick question. You see removing the catalytic converter would that yield the same performance benefits as installing aftermarket headers?

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

I don't think either of them will gain much without the bike then being set up to cope with the changes. Aftermarket headers should improve power more than just removing the cat once set up but that can then get costly. Might be worth see if something like a power commander would be a simpler option.

3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I agree, if you want performance for least expenditure, Air Filter, Decat, Dyno/Aftermarket engine management kit.
    Full exhaust systems can start getting expensive.

4. Dindanio1

Dindanio1 Learner

Sorry for late reply. Thank you very much for your responses.
    Anyways, I took the advice and got the catalytic converter removed, power commander with my slip on and k&n air filter. However, I was told a custom map is needed now so I have to save up for that now I just have to get a custom map :)

BlackHornet likes this.
  5. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I got a custom map on my TT600 last year. It started at 90bhp and finished at 100 ! For £200 its the cheapest way to get more power in my opinion.