1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by Azza, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Azza

Azza Learner

Just passed my test and love it, 46 years old and loving life! some people saying im having a mid life crisis ! my thoughts whilst writing is why the bloody hell didnt i discover bikes earlier in life! on a serious note the first time ever on a bike was 4 months ago, done the cbt, theory , mod 1&2 and now got a kawasaki 650, feel extremly comfortable and just looking for like minded peeps for a ride out, please help anyone interested just drop a line

Eileen, Beelady, Eagle and 1 other person like this.
  2. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Well done and welcome :) where are you based ? Members here are spread E/W Sussex, Kent, South London.
    Have a look at the members map, and add yourself to it :bike:

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Congratulations on passing. Welcome to the wonderful world of biking! :)

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Even if it was a mid life crisis it is the best one you can have :D

:wsecb:Hope you enjoy it.

5. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

6. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

7. Eagle

Eagle Custom cruiser +

Sounds to me more of a mid life wake up than a mid life crisis. After all you could have taken up x box and sat in front of the tv on a beautiful day with empty roads wondering what the rest of the world is doing . Welcome to the world of load exhausts and big smiles.

Beelady and BlackHornet like this.
  8. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

Hi
    Well done Azza
    Welcome along
    Ray

9. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

My mid life crisis was was 46 too ! Bought a bike, did the necessary and absolutely loving it, have my 3rd bike a Honda cbf ... An amazing feeling

10. Azza

Azza Learner

its good to see so many people having fun going to build my confidence on the bike then hopefully meet some like minded peeps for a rideout, where does everyone meet for a rideout? is a weekly thing?

take it easy and many thanks for the warm welcome

11. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

There is no single weekly ride out but something happens most weeks. Often there is more than one ride out happening so you can choose the best one for you. You can also post up your own one or just where you are heading so others can make their own way without you having to worry about making routes or leading a group.

lisa lou likes this.
  12. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

Hi Azza

You're not far from me and it's about time I got back out and about and met up with these lovely people again - so keep your eyes peeled.

Beelady and lisa lou like this.
  13. Azza

Azza Learner

cool sounds like a plan be patient as still building my confidence, as always any tips youve got to offer will be greatly appreciated, get in touch when your ready

Pilbs and lisa lou like this.
  14. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

Get out on as many rides with these guys as you can - a real mix of experience and riding styles.
    If you go on group ride, watch the rider in front of you and learn, but most importantly you ride at your own pace and comfort, we always do a drop off system which you will pick up quickly and no-one gets left behind.
    I'll keep my eyes on the weather and get the permission slip from the boss - and see if we can sort a weekend out!

15. Azza

Azza Learner

sounds good to me, on a bad note looks like the weathers against us for the next few weeks, keep in touch and when you get a slot and spare time were get out for a ride

16. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Will do!

17. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

Azza if you fancy it - off for a ride tomorrow

Beelady likes this.