1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Moderations to the gixxer

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Benji54, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

thinking of doing a couple of changes to the k8. firstly thinking of changing the headlight so that the central running light is replaced with 2 "audi-esqu" led strips inside the headlight, running under the edges and then covering the centre with a cut down headlight cover to give a twin headlight effect.

secondly, considering moving the exhaust. as anyone who has ridden with me can varify, its quite loud. To maximise this I plan on moving the pipe (keeping the existing Akrapovic R2 Stubby can and system) to either an underseat or high level exit. Maybe just under the right indicator "fin".

Ill keep you posted on what i do but in the meantime i'd value your opinions!

Any one else planning any projects?

2. viking killer

viking killer Street Fighter +

yep, different back light, different front light, get rid of the horrid indicaters, apes, respray and move the tank speedo to a small speedo on the bars.......all depending on money in november/december time
    i will take before and after pictures

3. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Is there some kind of hedge avoidance mod you could do?

Benji54 likes this.
  4. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

yeah, sell it to someone who can corner!! ;)

5. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Thinking of new Paint Job - to be hounest

6. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Phase 2 may be happening next week, subject to the Payne family. But you can't see until it's ready.

Then It's just P3, decoration and P4 learn to ride left.

7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I can help you with the zorst move mate?

8. Benji54

Benji54 Learner

really? hmmmmmm very interested mate. details? Ta v.much in advance!

9. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Watch how you route the exhaust, as if the pipework is done badly you could end up giving yourself a nasty flat spot in the rev range. :thumbsdown:

10. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Great talkin earlier Ben. Gimme another bell for when you can visit?