1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Stinky boots

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by R1 Chickie, Oct 2, 2011.

1. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Ive had my Sidis less than a year, first time Ive owned bike boots, and man do they reek! I dont have a problem with any of my other shoes or feet smelling before you get sarky :-P Ive tried to leave them open to air but nothing, they still smell and make my socks and feet smell too. Its not sexy. What do you guys do to deal with this?

2. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I don't have this problem...have you tried odour eaters?

3. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

I love the way you assume its a problem for the men :think1:......Not a problem for me either... hmmmmm... :mdance:

However... a wise man did once say, and this is advice i adhere too.. ''Never suppress a fart, because the heavy odour will sink (gravity)to the lowest point in your body and make your feet stink... Could this be the catalyst Tanya? :giggle:

4. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Ive not had that prob when ive owned sidi boots, but my knicker gusset reeks after a ride under my Alpinestar leathers:bhead: Tanya do you or anybody else have this prob? Was thinking of trying Vagiclean is it anygood Tanya:whistle::giggle:

5. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I don't have these problems either...but I have know people who have had deathly feet to swear by this http://www.gransremedy.co.nz/

/edit Looks like these guys have the distribution rights for UK & Europe (different packaging)

http://www.odaban.com/

6. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

7. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

could just be the stinky sewage water from the river ? maybe a shower afterwards would be an idea

:poop:

8. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

a simple cure

10. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

what is that about??? Im not seeing the connection to stinky boots :eek:

11. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Remove feet, Job done. Simples :D

_Yappa_ and Ducky like this.
  12. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

i dont notice the feet smell over the fishy one

HAYABUSADAVE likes this.
  13. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I don't use my boots enough for them to smell!

But, pre accident I have Sidi's and didn't have any trouble with them. Guess your tootsies are reacting the lining, try a different insole.

14. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Generally stinky feet ('bromodosis') or boots are caused by perspiration soaking into the boots and not having a chance to dry before being used again. Bacteria can then grow in perfect conditions: warm and moist. Overnight isn't enough, usually. I am guessing that the Sidis do not have much ventilation, either. If they are made principally of non-breathable material, then even worse. If no other shoes do this to you, then you obviously wear sensible, open or leather shoes or have a decent gap between wearings so that the problem never shows up.

I bet you never wear the same shoes to work two days running - the same principle will apply to biking boots - perhaps even more so in this hot weather. I appreciate having two sets of boots sounds an expensive solution, but it will help. The alternative is to use some of the anti-bacterial sprays recommended above and elsewhere and especially to dry them thoroughly overnight: think how skiers do it - turn the boots upside down on broom handles and leave in a warm place; some ball up newspaper and push that into the toes. That restricts circulation of warm air, but it may draw out moisture in the boot material. Try both methods.

Wish I had the opportunity of riding two days running! And well done for raising a topic which many would have shied away from!

R1 Chickie likes this.
  15. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Wasn`t "Stinky Boots" a 60`s hit for Honor Blackman & Patrick McNee? ;)

16. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

You say that your feet haven't smelt before...have you ever had a problem with another body part stinking or perhaps not tasting very nice?

17. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Is it continous or does it occur about one week in four

HAYABUSADAVE likes this.
  18. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

I thought I signed up to a biking website, turns out it's the Comedy Store :D

19. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

With the exzeption that the heckling is of higher quality here.. :D

Hanna and Roadwart like this.
  20. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +