1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

2. Please remember that when you have sold an item to contact a moderator to change the title prefix to SOLD.

This makes it easier for users to see whats still available.

For Sale ZX9R E1 For Sale

Discussion in 'Bike Related Items.' started by Finchy, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Finchy

Finchy Guest

After much thought, I've decided to treat myself for my birthday and buy a new bike. Nothing wrong with the ZX9 - I just feel like spoiling myself.

Before I go ahead and pop the bike on BikeTrader / eBay, I thought I'd present it on here. If you aren't interested personally, could you spread the word?

The bike is a 2001 ZX9R E1 (UK, not import). Supplied from new in Kent and locally owned (Dartford / Chatham / Minster). I'll be selling it in its 'standard' trim (ie standard OEM panels / exhaust etc). However, if the buyer wants the second set of panels and the Remus carbon can (plus a box of bits & bobs), I'd be open to striking a deal.

27K miles with full history and a mass of receipts (pretty much everything documented since new). Last service was at 23K, so I'll likely get it serviced before it goes. MOT'd until June and has 12 months tax. New chain & sprockets, new wheel bearings, freshly powder-coated black wheels (not blue as shown in the older photos). Braided hoses, heated grips, META alarm / immobiliser (in full working order with two fobs), shorty levers, rear hugger, double bubble screen and uprated bulbs (plus ALL standard parts). 30mm lift on rear end, with suspension professionally set-up by Dave Hammond Racing. In truly mint condition (as many people here can testify) and always garaged.

*REVISED* I'm after £2100 for the bike in standard trim or £2400 for the bike with both sets of panels plus all of the spares & extras.

If anyone's interested, feel free to PM me for more info. Also happy for SEC members to test ride it, subject to insurance (usual rules apply).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

px for a mint mg ?

well by mint i mean polo as it has a hole in it :D

Roadwart and kitten_art like this.
  3. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Erm... :swn:

4. Les

Les British Superbike +

Seems to go ok too, even with Finchy riding it.;)

Finchy likes this.
  5. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Never been ragged ?

6. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I wouldn't say 'ragged', no. I have however ridden it in the manner for which it was designed ;). Certainly done it no harm!

Judging by how it was set-up when I got it (standard suspension settings etc), I can only assume that none of the other owners ever got anywhere near the bike's potential! Also, the Scottoiler (which I removed) and heated grips hint towards a more 'mature' owner.

7. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Dry miles only? :p

8. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I'll post some more pics to show how clean it is...

9. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Nice track Project !!!

10. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

What is the replacement bike...?:bike:

11. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Come buy it then!

12. Finchy

Finchy Guest

TBH I don't know yet. Due to a change in my role, it looks like I'll need something that's better for weaving through London traffic (as I'll be office-bound for the next few months), so maybe an Aprilia Tuono or a Buell XB12X. However, I know that I'll get bored on those, so likely a ZX10R or similar.

13. Les

Les British Superbike +

Shame you've so many miles before you reach London or I'd suggest a Supermoto. Brilliant in traffic but a PITA on straights.

Yoda likes this.
  14. Finchy

Finchy Guest

I was thinking of KTM950LC8 also. It's a 2006 bike with 20K mileage. Just not sure if I'll suffer neck ache on my trips along the M2. Although yours is newer, I like the way yours seems to ride (even though it's a newer / different model).

How's yours on motorways? After all, you're taller than me.

15. Les

Les British Superbike +

V rarely use Mways but when I do it's fine around 80 with had no aches/cramps. Seems best suited to other (B type) roads & it's briefly shown 130 as thats not v neck friendly. After the 6r it felt slow, 'til I looked down...so I'm unlikely to return to sports bikes despite prefering the look of them. Lagunas still have demo bikes I think.

16. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Hmmm, kind of what I expected - hence considering the Tuono instead as it has a little 'half fairing'.

17. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

u could always look at the big K beemers...:) The R is a naked, but has good wind deflection. I rode from here to Holland and back. Sat about 90-100mph through France, Belgium and Holland...stopping only to refuel. No Butt, Back, Wrist or Neck issues.

18. Finchy

Finchy Guest

But alas probably above what I can justify spending without getting into trouble with 'er indoors. Right now, I've narrowed the search to an Aprilia Tuono, Buell XB12X Ulysses, KTM LC8, or the ZX10R. To be honest, I suspect that it'll be a shoot-out between the Tuono and the ZX10. However, I've been offered a cracking p/x deal on a Tuono, so maybe..?

I must add that you do have the unfair advantage on a bike of being slightly smaller than my own lumbering bulk... so are probably better shielded by bikini fairings. I'd also like to state for the record that this is also the only time in which I'd like to place you and a bikini in the same sentence.

Hanna likes this.
  19. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Get the Buell :thumbsup: if you get bored of it just chuck it my way :D

20. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

!
    or My way i would have another one of them great great fun i know KING is also a big fan !!! problem now is parts for them though !