1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

2. Please remember that when you have sold an item to contact a moderator to change the title prefix to SOLD.

This makes it easier for users to see whats still available.

Sold! Aprilia RSV Mille R 2006

Discussion in 'Bike Related Items.' started by TunnerUK, May 18, 2013.

1. TunnerUK

TunnerUK Guest

I have owned many sports bikes (including an MV Agusta) but my Aprilia is without doubt the finest sports bike I've ever been lucky enough to own. It's competent, refined, powerful, perfect handling, has incredible brakes, superb build quality (yes it actually is) and has absolutely the best component set I've ever seen.
    I've owned if for about two absolutely faultless years, never once on a trickle charger and started first push of the button every time. Apart from servicing and tyres I have not had to do a single thing to it.
    If there was any way around it I'd keep it but unfortunately I need some equipment for CT Motorcycle Service's new workshop and having more than one bike is a luxury that I just can't afford at the moment, ordinarily I'd console myself with the comfort that I can buy another one later on but in this case finding another bike with this spec and mileage in this condition is likely to be very improbable! I will genuinely be GUTTED to see it go!

So .......

Aprilia RSVR Mille MY06 (which is the last version before the launch of the RSV4)

• Registered June 2006 on an 06 plate
    • 13k miles
    • Service history to 2010. I bought it in 2011 and have serviced it twice, the last of which was about 700 miles ago
    • I've just put it through a new MOT (9th May) ready for sale
    • Brand spanking new Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa front tyre
    • The rear has about 700 miles on it. Fantastic tyres!
    • Ohlins Suspension
    • Huge Brembo radial calipers
    • OZ lightweight Wheels
    • Talon rear sprocket
    • Aprilia racing rear sets
    • Aprilia racing Akropovich titanium road legal rear cans with fill Akropovich titanium headers
    • Large under tank air box (Can't remember the make)
    • Power commander
    • Quick Shifter
    • Billet slave cylinder
    • Adjustable levers
    • Dark screen

As you can see from the photos it's in beautiful condition, but there are a couple of tiny niggles.
    There are a couple of light marks on the swing arm
    There is a stone chip on the front mudguard which I've discreetly touched in, luckily that's easy on a white bike
    There is a hairline crack in the speedo glass, it was there when I bought it and I intended to replace the glass but having looked into it there appears to be a but of an apparent flaw in the material used which invariable goes a little brittle and shows hairline cracks. It's not damaged as such, just...... erm ....... a little brittle with age :nenau
    These bikes have the potential to be future classics as the current RSV4 doesn't seem to have the same character as the twin.
    I know it's a bit of a long shot advertising it on here but I thought I might as well give it a go. If you're looking for an exotic italian twin that doesn't rattle like a tamboreen and is as reliable as a Honda (I'm not kidding) then this just could be for you!
    I'm looking for £5.5k OVNO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Lovely bike but just to clean for me.

deano81 likes this.
  3. TunnerUK

TunnerUK Guest

Not even a sniff guys?

4. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

During a time of economic down turn, recession and financial hardship I cannot justify a new bike...

5. BlackHornet

it's one lovely bike and i'd love to own one but i can't. I will happily share a link on facebook if you have one ?

6. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Would love to have it, it is an absolute beauty! But.... would need to grow much longer legs and win the lottery. (Mind you, if I won the lottery maybe I could get leg extensions :unsure:)

_Yappa_ and BlackHornet like this.
  7. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

Wrong country :(

8. TunnerUK

TunnerUK Guest

Bike now sold ..:cry:

I need to get the status changed ...... MODERATOR!!!!!!!!

BlackHornet likes this.
  9. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

I hope you got a decent price for it, as it was a stunner!!!!!! :thumbsup:

10. TunnerUK

TunnerUK Guest

I did ok mate :thumbsup:

11. BlackHornet

time for another project bike ? or just sticking to teh adventurer for now ?

12. TunnerUK

TunnerUK Guest

I've just taken on a commercial workshop so the RSV went to help fund my new paint booth and blasting facilities.

I have bought another project which is currently sitting waiting to be started. I'll use it as a showcase for my new restoration services :thumbsup:

I'll post up a thread once I'm under way!

13. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

sounds good matey :thumbsup: