1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

2. Please remember that when you have sold an item to contact a moderator to change the title prefix to SOLD.

This makes it easier for users to see whats still available.

Wanted Bandit 650/600, SV650 or similar bike

Discussion in 'Bike Related Items.' started by megawatt, Sep 6, 2011.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

As above, wanted for a mate. A good condition, well maintained and serviced bike with long MOT?

2. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Hi Alan,
    Chadatious from the other site has just posted this up, ??might be what you are after??

Here for sale is a 1999 Suzuki bandit 600.
    Generally this is a clean bike that runs fine. It comes with a few extras like wavey discs, Full braided lines, Stainless oil cooler cover.
    The front wheel is polishished with look good, however i havent had time to do that back, if i do i will get it done so they match. however it is quite an easy job to do, or will cost £30 at a polishers.
    The bad bits. it has a slight scrape on the side of the tank and frame where i had a spill last september. it was written off as a Cat C which is cosmetic damadge so bike is solid and not bent and i had to get a few new bits. Also there is a little ding on the other side of the tank where some one boffed it with a trolley at tesco.
    Also the front mudguard is a dark blue. to match could do with painting black?
    The bike has coverd approx 39,000 miles which isnt high for these bandits as they just keep going forever.
    it has almost 11 months tax, and 6 months Mot left.
    The bike is up for £900, However if someone wants to pay £1000 i will add an extra spare wheel with a tyre on it, and a spare engine which is in good working order!
    also part exchange welcome :)

3. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Of course he does advertise more stuff than Del-boy and the fact It's a cat - C (not D, which IS cosmetic) and he doesn't have an alignment cert or similar to say it's not got a frame like a banana, different front mud guard plus a spare rear wheel would suggest the front was borked beyond use.
    To me that says a little more than cosmetic, even though I don't use my front end as often as most ;)

I'd be at it with a fine toothed Alan shaped comb myself.

"Category C
    An extensively damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category D
    A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

On word can make a lot of difference.

4. megawatt

Thanks gents. I'll let him know, but he's a typical workmate. Want's a mint bike for no money and just around the corner!!!

5. floodq

floodq Guest

Have a yellow sv650s, Y reg. 19k miles,11 months mot. Full fairing, service history, loads paperwork, recent tyres, heated grips. Negatives rear brake lever a bit bent and a 1p size dent in the exhaust.

Can send some pics if interested otherwise will put up on eBay soon. If it's going to a good home will let it go for £1000.

6. megawatt

Sounds ideal mate. I'll have a chat with my mate tomorrow and get back to you . Where are you and when can we have a look at the bike?

7. floodq

floodq Guest

8. floodq

floodq Guest

Spoke to your mate and will send him some pictures to his email address.

9. megawatt

Good man , hope to meet up soon.

10. Les

Les British Superbike +

Jordan's mate's dad has a Bandit 600 which he's thinking of selling any time soon due to lack of use. I've not seen it but his son described it to me as 'immaculate/well cared for'. It's a T reg with about 32,000miles , MOT/tax. Don't know more but if you're interested I can find out more or put you in touch. Oh yes, he wants about £1000 for it, & he has some spares too.

11. floodq

floodq Guest

Think it's bit too bright for him! Will get an advert put up later for the bike.

12. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Ask him what the hell is wrong with yellow, be bright, be seen.

13. megawatt

I,ll yell him about the bandit thanks Les. Don,t think it was just the colour on your bike floodq, he is not used to clip ons or fairings.

14. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

I have my suzuki T pot up for sale Alan! Will have a full years mot too. its listed on here.
    Sara

15. megawatt

Thankyou, I'll tell him tomorrow. Are there lots of pix of it?

16. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

Yes Alan. lots on the for sale link. Sara x

17. megawatt

I'll have a chat with him tomorrow, but I'm not sure if he wants a naked bike with higher bars for his bad back

18. megawatt

My mate bought an 05 SV650 this afternoon. Thanks.

19. sara-gaz

sara-gaz 125 +

Mine sold to a guy in Birmingham!

20. megawatt

Nice one. The sv is in Sidcup.